Windows 10: Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic...

Discus and support Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I use my laptop for 2 distinct uses; 1. music production and 2. general leisure/work. Due to performance issues mostly DCP latency, for music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drunkendrummer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic...

Hi

I use my laptop for 2 distinct uses; 1. music production and 2. general leisure/work. Due to performance issues mostly DCP latency, for music production, I need to disable as many devices in task manager as possible. For this mode I also need to completely uninstall Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver, as this is the main issue for the DCP latency issues when in music mode.

Unfortunately Microsoft appears to have got rid of hardware profiles, which would have sorted the device manager side of this. Does anyone know of an alternative way to select kill devices at startup or ideally after it has booted when using the laptop for music rather than having to manually go in and deisable each one in task manager? Ideally this would be an option without using any scripting please. Happy to pay for a decent app that will do this.

With regard to Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver, I can totally disable this for all uses. Is this likely to fry my laptop I presume there are still processes that will shutdown the laptop if it gets too hot? Again happy to install software to monitor/alert to high temperatures.

The other alternative to this is a dual boot system Windows 10 with Windows 10. This does mean I have to maintain two full systems, updates, licences etc but if it is a far better solution, I'm happy to got with it.

Thanks

Mark

:)

drunkendrummer, Nov 27, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 27, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic... What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Novgorod Win User

Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic...

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic... [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic...

1. Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic... - Similar Threads - Automatically disable various

2. Other devices, Intel Tile Device with Question Marks in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other devices, Intel Tile Device with Question Marks in Device Manager: Under device manager I keep seeing the following,If I try to uninstall, it will just re-appear later, not sure what to do since I already did the following:Installed the latest Windows updates.Installed the latest updates for my motherboard ROG Maximus Z790 Hero.Thanks....
  3. Other devices, Intel Tile Device with Question Marks in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other devices, Intel Tile Device with Question Marks in Device Manager: Under device manager I keep seeing the following,If I try to uninstall, it will just re-appear later, not sure what to do since I already did the following:Installed the latest Windows updates.Installed the latest updates for my motherboard ROG Maximus Z790 Hero.Thanks....
  4. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  5. Power management / Disabling Devices

Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  6. Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager

Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager: I was upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 and did a clean installation. After the install in the device manager it appeared an unknown device called Intel Tile Device. It is unsigned but I figured it out that it was part of the Intel Bluetooth. I updated the Bluetooth drivers but...
  7. Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager: I was upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 and did a clean installation. After the install in the device manager it appeared an unknown device called Intel Tile Device. It is unsigned but I figured it out that it was part of the Intel Bluetooth. I updated the Bluetooth drivers but...
  8. device manager disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager disable: Hello, I have multiple microphones and speakers, it cause me some problems when connect to remote PC. I had disabled one microphone and one speaker in device manager, as shown in picture below : [ATTACH] but this not affecting anything, i still see the disabled devices...
  9. How to disable a device from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable a device from device manager: Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack? submitted by /u/xdrdaniel [link] [comments]...
  10. Monitors disabled in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors disabled in device manager: Hi, I have a tri-display setup with a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Whenever Windows 10 goes to sleep and then turns back on, all 3 monitor profiles are disabled. Bit of a pain, because one of the monitor's gamma keeps getting reset. Anyway to stop it from disabling my monitors?...