Windows 10: Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode

Discus and support Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I usually keep the touchscreen disabled on my 2-1 Dell Inspiron 15 5579 (Windows 10), to save battery when it is not needed, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnricoG1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. EnricoG1 Win User

Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode

Hi everyone,

I usually keep the touchscreen disabled on my 2-1 Dell Inspiron 15 5579 (Windows 10), to save battery when it is not needed, but when I switch to tablet mode it is obviously necessary to enable it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the activation of touch screen automatic when switching to tablet mode, without having to change the settings from the Device manager?

All aids much appreciated.

:)

EnricoG1, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC tablet stops turning on tablet mode automatically

Hi,

Incorrect settings is one of the possible reasons why the tablet mode is not turning on automatically. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode
      in the left panel. A tablet mode sub-menu appear.
    • Configure the When this device automatically switches menu to
      Don't ask me and always switch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode

Automatically Switch to Tablet Mode

No you can set it to be automatic.

With the keyboard attached, tablet mode should say OFF.

If you remove the keyboard while in the Tablet mode settings screen, Tablet Mode should automatically change to ON.

Set "When I sign in" to "Remember what I used last" and

Set "When this device automatically switches tablet mode to on or off" to don't ask me and always switch.

Those are the settings I use on my Asus Transformer T100 and they work perfectly OK...

Gordon B-P, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode

1. Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode - Similar Threads - Automatically enable touchscreen

2. Tablet mode won't enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode won't enabled: Hi there, thank you in advance. I'm using an HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE, which is a 2-in-1 device, but tablet mode won't enabled when I flip my device which is the only method available in windows 11 since my keyboard is undetachable, I have updated all available windows...
  3. Tablet mode won't enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode won't enabled: Hi there, thank you in advance. I'm using an HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE, which is a 2-in-1 device, but tablet mode won't enabled when I flip my device which is the only method available in windows 11 since my keyboard is undetachable, I have updated all available windows...
  4. Explicit tablet mode switch

Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  5. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  6. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  7. Windows 10 won't automatically switch to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't automatically switch to tablet mode: Hi there. So I have an HP Envy x360 laptop. When I go to fold it into a tent or tablet form, it won't automatically switch into tablet mode. It's set to automatically switch in settings, and the keyboard and trackpad won't turn off when folded. This poses a problem because...
  8. Tablet mode in a non-touchscreen laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tablet mode in a non-touchscreen laptop?: Hi, this has been bugging my mind for ages. What's the point of having the tablet mode in a non touchscreen laptop? Are there any upsides to this like saving more battery or is it completely useless? submitted by /u/v1ew_s0urce [link] [comments]...
  9. Make the keyboard to open automatically when switching on tablet mode, and enabling...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make the keyboard to open automatically when switching on tablet mode, and enabling...: Hi The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard. In tablet mode is there a difference between the pop up keyboard and the regular keyboard? When I am using the Windows 1809 release, which is...
  10. Touchscreen not working in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen not working in Tablet Mode: Last night the touch screen stopped working. I tried running Troubleshooting on my Dell Inspirion 13-5348 with Windows 10 but it doesn't find an issue. I rebooted. I updated all drivers and rebooted. I ran virus scans and rebooted. I ran Malware Bytes and rebooted. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch screen not working in tablet mode

2. tablet mode but no touchscreen

3. is touch screen enabled in tablet mode