Windows 10: Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted

Discus and support Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I would like to know how to "automatically Enable WiFi Hotspot when there is eternet cable inserted". I couldn't find direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitjaDrajzibner, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted

Hello there,

I would like to know how to "automatically Enable WiFi Hotspot when there is eternet cable inserted". I couldn't find direct instructions on the internet, therefore i'm asking you guys here.

Thank you in advance for yours help.

:)

MitjaDrajzibner, Feb 27, 2019

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Feb 27, 2019
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Feb 27, 2019
  4. wtenten Win User

Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Thanks for your response.
    I don't wish to use any kind of wifi adapter on the PC due to speed issue. I want it to have the same internet speed as the Laptop hotspot. So if there's a way I could Bridge connection between the hotspot and PC and still have wifi access for other wifi enabled device, I would be very happy.

wtenten, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted

1. Automatically enable WiFi Hotspot when there is ethernet cable inserted - Similar Threads - Automatically enable WiFi

2. Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot: My issue is, I am working in an office where we are connected to a LAN network. The internet is provided by Ethernet connection, so we just used to start our hotspot and use wifi on our mobile phones. I am getting issue from last 2 weeks. When we start the hotspot, the...
  3. Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot: My issue is, I am working in an office where we are connected to a LAN network. The internet is provided by Ethernet connection, so we just used to start our hotspot and use wifi on our mobile phones. I am getting issue from last 2 weeks. When we start the hotspot, the...
  4. Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.: Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on...
  6. No place on my Wireless Computer to insert an Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No place on my Wireless Computer to insert an Ethernet Cable: When I bought a totally wireless computer I was told I would need to purchase a Modem/Router. There is no place on my computer where an Ethernet cable can be inserted but every once in a while my computer settings for the Network and Internet gets changed from Wireless to...
  7. No place on my Wireless Computer to insert an Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No place on my Wireless Computer to insert an Ethernet Cable: When I bought a totally wireless computer I was told I would need to purchase a Modem/Router. There is no place on my computer where an Ethernet cable can be inserted but every once in a while my computer settings for the Network and Internet gets changed from Wireless to...
  8. No place on my Wireless Computer to insert an Ethernet Cable

9. When I Connect the Ethernet Cable it automatically disable the WIFI

When I Connect the Ethernet Cable it automatically disable the WIFI: i have a problem to connect my Hotspot and this is happening only when the Ethernet cable is connected which means that the main problem here is that when the Ethernet cable is connected it automatically disable the WIFI and i have tried some solutions that I found on this...
  10. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB: Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer submitted by /u/IcyLaser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cv96xd/pc_ethernet_cable_to_wifi_mb/