Windows 10: Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.

Discus and support Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The taskbar is hidden as soon as the automatically hide your taskbar option is selected, but the when hovered down to the bottom of the screen the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prashanth_S, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.

The taskbar is hidden as soon as the automatically hide your taskbar option is selected, but the when hovered down to the bottom of the screen the Taskbar does not show up when any other app is open on the secondary monitor. Need to go back to the Desktop and then the operation works. Is there a known defect for this?

:)

Prashanth_S, Jan 27, 2023

2. Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor

My Acer laptop is having a problem with the taskbar auto-hide. No matter where or how I move my cursor, the taskbar on the secondary monitor does not show up. It's fine on the laptop screen but on my monitor it doesn't work. If i disable auto-hide it show up fine.

Alissongabriel3, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Skeltal Win User
    Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?

I want to have my secondary monitor have my taskbar and all my shortcuts and my primary monitor be solely for display. Is there a way to only have the taskbar visible on a secondary monitor without setting that monitor as my primary monitor. I've tried setting the other monitor as the primary monitor but apps will default to open on that monitor and I don't want to have the taskbar on both monitors or to automatically hide. Thank you.

Skeltal, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.

1. Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11. - Similar Threads - Automatically Hide Taskbar

2. Automatically hide the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically hide the taskbar not working: hello, I would like to say that after I updated windows to version 23H2, my taskbar does not appear in fullscreen mode but when the application is minimized, the taskbar will reappear. So I was forced to turn off the "Automatically hide taskbar" feature, in previous versions...
  3. Automatically hide the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically hide the taskbar not working: hello, I would like to say that after I updated windows to version 23H2, my taskbar does not appear in fullscreen mode but when the application is minimized, the taskbar will reappear. So I was forced to turn off the "Automatically hide taskbar" feature, in previous versions...
  4. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  5. Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Hide Taskbar does not work as intended on secondary Monitor in windows 11.: The taskbar is hidden as soon as the automatically hide your taskbar option is selected, but the when hovered down to the bottom of the screen the Taskbar does not show up when any other app is open on the secondary monitor. Need to go back to the Desktop and then the...
  6. My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not: There are extremely frustrating times when my taskbar, which is supposed to automatically hide, does not, and I cannot figure out what I have to do to make it disappear. There are no indications on the taskbar icons as to what is keeping it from hiding. How can I determine...
  7. My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not

My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not: There are extremely frustrating times when my taskbar, which is supposed to automatically hide, does not, and I cannot figure out what I have to do to make it disappear. There are no indications on the taskbar icons as to what is keeping it from hiding. How can I determine...
  8. Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...: So i have set that taskbar minimizes and when you move mouse to the screen bottom it shows. On main monitor if I run full screen program taskbar is hidden but on second monitor collapsed taskbar is shown and when I move mouse to the bottom of the screen it shows up and it is...
  9. Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor: My Acer laptop is having a problem with the taskbar auto-hide. No matter where or how I move my cursor, the taskbar on the secondary monitor does not show up. It's fine on the laptop screen but on my monitor it doesn't work. If i disable auto-hide it show up fine....
  10. Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor

Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor: My Acer laptop is having a problem with the taskbar auto-hide. No matter where or how I move my cursor, the taskbar on the secondary monitor does not show up. It's fine on the laptop screen but on my monitor it doesn't work. If i disable auto-hide it show up fine....