Windows 10: Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Discus and support Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I just purchased a new windows laptop, and as I was configuring the settings to display the taskbar like I it is on my desktop, I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brandonly, Feb 10, 2019.

1. brandonly Win User

Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Hello!

I just purchased a new windows laptop, and as I was configuring the settings to display the taskbar like I it is on my desktop, I noticed a peculiar error when trying to hide the taskbar. I went to my Windows settings to check the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" and whenever I do, all of the icons disappear except for the windows icon, the cortana home screen, and the taskview button. The icons for any programs do not appear, and the icons with the system tray disappears. When I disable the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" setting, the icons reappear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

brandonly, Feb 10, 2019

2. Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 10, 2019
  3. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Why I cant hide my taskbar?

Hi,

You might want to hide the taskbar sometimes, like when you’re watching a movie or doing some reading. You have the flexibility to automatically hide the taskbar based on whether you’re in desktop mode or tablet mode.
    Follow these steps to do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar tab.
    • On the right pane, switch on either or both Automatically hide the taskbar
      in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar
      in tablet mode.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

1. Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Automatically Hide Taskbar

2. hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  3. I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...

I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...: I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back off whenever I reset my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Book 2. How do I fix this?...
  4. invisible icons on desktop and taskbar

invisible icons on desktop and taskbar: hello its been a 3 days that i have this problem, it happens that i used the memory diagnostic and restarted my pc then i saw they are invisible like settings or microsoft store or spotify even i have a screenshot for proof: https://gyazo.com/f15cb1398a2d2f814d96d979a6407cc9...
  5. Taskbar won't hide automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't hide automatically.: The issue is that my taskbar won't hide automatically no matter whether i check the "hide automatically" option when i right click the taskbar. Any help? 112104
  6. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode: All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place. I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the fullscreen. It is really annoying in a hyper-v session as it hides the vm taskbar unless I autohide host taskbar This just...
  7. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  8. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  9. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared: I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: is there any program that allows me Hide and Show Taskbar? I found a couple on internet but they just keep blank that bottom part and they do not do the same as when you do it manually. But manually is awkward. For that reason I'm asking if there is like a simple program...