Windows 10: Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Discus and support Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I just purchased a new windows laptop, and as I was configuring the settings to display the taskbar like I it is on my desktop, I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brandonly, Feb 10, 2019.

1. brandonly Win User

Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Hello!

I just purchased a new windows laptop, and as I was configuring the settings to display the taskbar like I it is on my desktop, I noticed a peculiar error when trying to hide the taskbar. I went to my Windows settings to check the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" and whenever I do, all of the icons disappear except for the windows icon, the cortana home screen, and the taskview button. The icons for any programs do not appear, and the icons with the system tray disappears. When I disable the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" setting, the icons reappear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

brandonly, Feb 10, 2019

2. Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 10, 2019
  3. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

Why I cant hide my taskbar?

Hi,

You might want to hide the taskbar sometimes, like when you’re watching a movie or doing some reading. You have the flexibility to automatically hide the taskbar based on whether you’re in desktop mode or tablet mode.
    Follow these steps to do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar tab.
    • On the right pane, switch on either or both Automatically hide the taskbar
      in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar
      in tablet mode.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

1. Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Automatically Hide Taskbar

2. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  3. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  4. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  6. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  7. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

8. Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...
  9. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...
  10. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icon hides automatically problem