Windows 10: Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

Discus and support Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hoxxer., May 31, 2022.

1. hoxxer. Win User

Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome, is maximized. Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode will also not stay off and every time I restart Settings, it turns back on. I thought it might be 3rd party taskbar software I was using called TaskbarX but after uninstalling and restarting my computer the issue persists. I am using Windows 10 Home version 21H

:)

hoxxer., May 31, 2022

2. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, May 31, 2022
  3. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop (and tablet) mode"

Hi DavidMcAllister1 and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below articles and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar from Taskbar in Tablet Mode from Taskbar

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48127-turn-...

Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/23817-turn-...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Joseph Y. M., May 31, 2022
  4. Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

Why I cant hide my taskbar?

Hi,

You might want to hide the taskbar sometimes, like when you’re watching a movie or doing some reading. You have the flexibility to automatically hide the taskbar based on whether you’re in desktop mode or tablet mode.
    Follow these steps to do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar tab.
    • On the right pane, switch on either or both Automatically hide the taskbar
      in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar
      in tablet mode.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, May 31, 2022
Thema:

Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

1. Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off. - Similar Threads - Automatically Hide Taskbar

2. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  3. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on: Two days ago I clicked something on my keyboard and my taskbar dissapeared, I managed to find the solution the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option was turned on in the settings. But now even if I tun it back off it keeps turning on every time I turn on my...
  6. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on: Two days ago I clicked something on my keyboard and my taskbar dissapeared, I managed to find the solution the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option was turned on in the settings. But now even if I tun it back off it keeps turning on every time I turn on my...
  7. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

8. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  9. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  10. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode