Windows 10: Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from...

Discus and support Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Believe it's now possible to link your Mobile to your Laptop / Desktop, so your Windows Screen Locks automatically when you move away from your desk... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pixelme, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Pixelme Win User

Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from...

Believe it's now possible to link your Mobile to your Laptop / Desktop, so your Windows Screen Locks automatically when you move away from your desk (proving your Mobile Phone is with you when you go).

However, even if your Mobile is no longer in close (Bluetooth) range of your Laptop / Desktop, I understand your Window Lock Password can still be used to get pass Windows Lock by someone with a reasonable degree of Tech Savvy who knows how to bi-pass it. (And also - or course - by anyone who happens to know your Windows Lock Password).

Wouldn't it therefore be better if this Security Feature had been designed so that - unless your Mobile Phone was back in Bluetooth Range of your Desktop / Laptop - then, even if someone new (or cracked) your Windows Password, they could still not access your Device?

Alternatively if Microsoft made it Optional (for any Users who wanted to use it) to adopt 2 Factor Authorisation, then those Users who so desired, could select a Setting that always enabled them to log-on to Windows 'only with' an Authentication App Token, accessed from their Mobile Phone?

I guess that maybe one or other feature available via Windows Hello may provide an alternative, but not - if like me - you're using a Laptop that's a few years old. Gather you can buy a USB Finger Print Recognition Device even without an 'Hello' compatible Laptop, but then that introduces 3rd Party Hardware to the equation and I could envisage 'issues' arising if that hardware did not play nicely with Windows.

Thanks in advance for any comments or feedback.

:)

Pixelme, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 4, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from...

Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from...

1. Automatically Locking Windows Screen when you - plus your Mobile Phone - move away from... - Similar Threads - Automatically Locking Screen

2. How many seconds for Windows startup from when you turn on your laptop to the lock screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many seconds for Windows startup from when you turn on your laptop to the lock screen...: My brand new SDD laptop takes about 9-13 seconds from when I turn on my laptop to the lock screen. And yes, fast startup is on. Is this considered to be normal for a brand new SDD laptop?...
  3. How many seconds for Windows startup from when you turn on your laptop to the lock screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many seconds for Windows startup from when you turn on your laptop to the lock screen...: My brand new SDD laptop takes about 9-13 seconds from when I turn on my laptop to the lock screen. And yes, fast startup is on. Is this considered to be normal for a brand new SDD laptop?...
  4. Windows 11 moving apps away from screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 moving apps away from screen when turned off: Hi, I have three screens. Two run from an Nvidia graphics card and the third from the on-board Intel on the CPU.To save power I will at times turn off my monitors, say I will be away from my desk for a while.When I come back and turn the monitors back on the apps have moved,...
  5. Windows 11 moving apps away from screen when turned off

Windows 11 moving apps away from screen when turned off: Hi, I have three screens. Two run from an Nvidia graphics card and the third from the on-board Intel on the CPU.To save power I will at times turn off my monitors, say I will be away from my desk for a while.When I come back and turn the monitors back on the apps have moved,...
  6. If you have a rooted phone, you can remove "Link to Windows" and install "Your phone" from...

If you have a rooted phone, you can remove "Link to Windows" and install "Your phone" from...: Just a heads up with this. If your phone is rooted you can uninstall the insultingly useless "Link to Windows" app, you will not only gain a large amount of addressable memory back by doing this, if you want functionality back sans the laughable screen control you can just...
  7. Windows close when mouse moves away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows close when mouse moves away: Every time my mouse sometimes moves away from a window it disappears and has to be bought back up by using alt+tab or the taskbar, sometimes when opening a new windows such as task manager will mean it is opens in the background and I have to use alt tab to get to it...
  8. Dynamic Lock allow windows to automatically lock your device when away greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dynamic Lock allow windows to automatically lock your device when away greyed out: Hi Community please look at the pictures ! not able to change Dynamic Lock settings, because the option is greyed out ! the group policy editor does not list Dynamic Lock configuration ! Kind Regards[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone: How to: Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone How to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone When you shut down[/b]. Starting with Windows 10 build 15031 (8th Feb. 2017), Microsoft officially introduced the Dynamic lock feature that allows Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online How to Lock your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your worry...