Windows 10: Automatically pin shortcuts in folder

Discus and support Automatically pin shortcuts in folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where dose windose 10 keep the real pinned information? I moved all my shortcuts over but it ignores them in the "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Automatically pin shortcuts in folder

Where dose windose 10 keep the real pinned information?

I moved all my shortcuts over but it ignores them in the "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar" folder, it will put a duplicate there once I re pin it using right click but gaaaa it won't just use the shortcut of 20 files it wants me to pin each of them separately, this is BS, is there a way to just pin it all in one go?

And yes I tried to delete/edit what was in current user in the registry but that did nothing.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Aug 26, 2016

2. How do I pin a folder to taskbar in Windows 10

Option 1: Create a custom Taskbar Toolbar, pointing to a folder that contains the shortcuts.

Option 2: Pin an executable, say notepad to Taskbar. Then open this folder:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Right-click the Notepad shortcut Properties and change the target to a folder path.

Click OK. The taskbar icon wouldn't update immediately.

Option 3 (Easiest): Create a desktop shortcut to the folder you want to Pin to Taskbar. Target should be prefixed by explorer.exe. (say explorer.exe d:\mytools)

Right-click on the shortcut and Pin to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Change taskbar icon?

You can change the icons for Pinned taskbar shortcuts from this folder:

%Appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Type that in Explorer address bar, or Run dialog.)

For Windows installer shortcuts the target can't be changed. In that case, you need to delete the existing shortcut and create a new shortcut for that program manually, and then Pin it to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

Automatically pin shortcuts in folder

1. Automatically pin shortcuts in folder - Similar Threads - Automatically pin shortcuts

2. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  3. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  4. Pin a shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin a shortcut to Start: I have Among Us Epic Games on my laptop, and I want to pin it to the start menu. I could just pin Among Us exact url C:/Program Files/..., however, multiplayer does not work because it has to open in the Epic Games launcher, which is why Epic Games created a shortcut on the...
  5. Automatic Shortcut Rename

Automatic Shortcut Rename: Whenever I name some shortcut with name "Control Panel" it automatically shows as "Ovládací Panely" as it's a translate of the name to a language, I use with Windows. Is there any way to turn off this automatical file renaming?...
  6. Automatic Shortcuts on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Shortcuts on Desktop?: I currently have 4 devices that I use daily. My iPhone, my iPad, my MacBook, and my Windows PC. Notice the outlier? Because of this, I pay for the 2tb iCloud Drive which I use a lot. The convenience of this is that I can save a file on the desktop of my MacBook and it will...
  7. Pin shortcuts to Start

Pin shortcuts to Start: I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to add my saved Remote Desktop Connection sessions. I hate having to minimize all my windows at get to my Desktop. And I don't...
  8. Pinned Folder Shortcut Problems / Irritation

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Folder Shortcut Problems / Irritation: Hello 10 Forums, I'm hoping that this will be an easy one. I spend most of my time in Linux && am just recently becoming a regular user of windows 10. The Problem: I like OR would like to use the pinned shortcuts accessed on my taskbars folder icon by right-clicking. The...
  9. Pin Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Shortcut: I have created a shortcut on my Desktop that will take me to a specific url - is it possible to pin this shortcut to the taskbar? Many thanks 40837
  10. Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut): I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10? 10574