Windows 10: Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10

Discus and support Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I go to Storage Setting>Storage>Storage Sense>Configure Storage Sense or run it now>Delete files in my recycle bin if they have been there for over:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MCSEtoNurse, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10

I go to Storage Setting>Storage>Storage Sense>Configure Storage Sense or run it now>Delete files in my recycle bin if they have been there for over:

I have it selected for "14 days." When I open the recycle bin, there are no files that have been deleted more that 14 days ago for the c:\ drive. However, the e:\ drive has many files that were deleted way over 14 days ago.

How do I configure so ALL deleted files are removed from the recycle bin after 14 days?

:)

MCSEtoNurse, Jan 23, 2021

2. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Jan 23, 2021
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10

1. Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Automatically remove deleted

2. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  3. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  4. Return after the 14 days?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return after the 14 days?: I purchased forza horizon 5 just under 6 months ago for pc. The game seemed fun at first but would run like garbage, even on a high end machine. I have only put in a few hours, as I keep coming back to the game every once in a while, hoping that it received a optimization...
  5. Return after the 14 days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return after the 14 days?: I purchased forza horizon 5 just under 6 months ago for pc. The game seemed fun at first but would run like garbage, even on a high end machine. I have only put in a few hours, as I keep coming back to the game every once in a while, hoping that it received a optimization...
  6. Return after the 14 days?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleted Files removed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Files removed automatically: I’m playing fallout 4 on pc, and a recent problem has arisen. I can’t save without a pop up showing up. I’ve tried everything I can think of, from messing with the onedrive settings, to unlinking it to my pc, which just caused more problems that I had to fix. I have a lot of...
  8. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  9. Deleted external drive files

Deleted external drive files: I tried posting in the technical community but no one replied. Windows 10 was updating and seemed to add my external WD drive to a Storage Spaces. When I tried to recover it using a restore tool it turned the files into something it doesn't recognize when I try to open...
  10. Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10: Hi, I joined this site just for this issue. Here's the whole story. I had Windows 7 installed on my computer (Dell Precision M6500) for a long time, but due to a stupid mistake I made (removing and then destroying a secondary HDD that contained the System Reserved...