Windows 10: Automatically saving from snipping tool

Discus and support Automatically saving from snipping tool in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to get this? I found a locked thread here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AK47naBlowtorch, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Automatically saving from snipping tool

Is there any way to get this? I found a locked thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-screenshot-save-location/1ad3bb2a-9a0d-449a-a52a-7076f1508acf
    However, It seems like nobody actually seemed to understand the issue, nor the convenience of being able to save it automatically in one step, rather than having to open a separate window and then manually save it as a completely separate task.
    Are there any plans to improve on this or do you prefer your users to have to complete mundane tasks that are already performed automatically by other OS and have been for years?

:)

AK47naBlowtorch, Jan 8, 2021

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2021
  3. JohnOhope Win User
    snipping tool

You can.

Simply change the 'Save as type' selection when you save your snip.

The Snipping Tool remembers which type you used last and suggests this type for your next snip.

John

JohnOhope, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Automatically saving from snipping tool

Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

No, that is not true.

Snipping Tool does not even have a "Save" button or menu option, both the button (diskette icon) and menu option are "Save As". However you save, selecting the button from the File menu, you can save the screenshots wherever you want to.

The Pictures folder is just the default folder shown as a suggestion when you save but the file will not be automatically saved there. Selecting any other folder, like for instance Desktop, will then become the new default suggested location; Snipping Tool remembers this and next time you save a screenshot it will be saved in this new location if no other location is selected.

Short: It is absolutely not true that Snipping Tool automatically saves in Pictures folder.

Kari, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Automatically saving from snipping tool

1. Automatically saving from snipping tool - Similar Threads - Automatically saving snipping

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Snipping tool minimizes automatically

Snipping tool minimizes automatically: Really frustrating. When I snip something the tool then disappears and goes into the system tray and I have to click on it to see the snipped image. I have repaired and reset it.Any suggestions?...
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

8. Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save pictures from snipping tool: Hi,I am having issue where I cannot save the pictures from the snipping tool. I searched around the Internet, and found something related with missing pictures folder in my user folder. I already created the pictures folder but still cannot save with snipping tool. Can anyone...
  9. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  10. snipping tool not copying automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    snipping tool not copying automatically: Hi, I ran into a weird issue with the snipping function (win+shift+s). Previously, it was working great. I can use it to snip anything from my screen, and it would be copied automatically. But I reinstalled my system recently, and the snipping tool stopped copying. I have to...