Windows 10: Automatically shut down computer after backup completes

Discus and support Automatically shut down computer after backup completes in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way I can have Windows automatically shut down the computer when the backup finishes? 88306 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pablo239, Jul 5, 2017.

1. pablo239 Win User

Automatically shut down computer after backup completes

Hello,
    Is there a way I can have Windows automatically shut down the computer when the backup finishes?

:)

pablo239, Jul 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 backup shutdown

Whenever backup runs, my computer shuts down after completion. I require remote access to this computer on a regular basis, so it needs to stay on after backup. I have gone through the settings, but there doesn't appear to be any way to change this.

How do I change the backup settings to allow the computer to remain on afterwards?

Monkeyrokker, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

when I Open the Lid of My Laptop , it automatically turns on ,This happens while I shut it down each time , via start menu, but does not happen when my laptop has been shut down by other programs, like the option download managers have , that shuts down
    the computer after completion of downloads, how can I turn this feature off??

AliTaghavi, Jul 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, to which backup method are you referring?

E.g.
    File History
    System image creation
    Windows Backup and Restore

Disk imaging by a 3rd party program

File and folder backup by a 3rd party program

Etc... Thanks.

As a general example, you can write a script monitoring the existence of a process (e.g. a running backup program). When that stops running, the script can issue a command to shut down the PC.

You can use a 3rd party program to shut down the PC at a specific time or after a certain time.

dalchina, Jul 5, 2017
  5. pablo239 Win User
    I'm talking about the Windows Backup and Restore

pablo239, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    There's no built in mechanism to shut down when complete, but there's an interesting use of Task Scheduler on SevenForums that should be applicable to 10 too.

https://www.sevenforums.com/backup-r...tml#post685131

Bree, Jul 5, 2017
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Also, WISE products has a free Wise Auto Shutdown with a rather small learning curve; once installed, you simply click its shortcut, set your shutdown goal (whether count up, count down, specified time, etc.) and click its start button.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatically shut down computer after backup completes - Similar Threads - Automatically shut down

2. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  3. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  4. Windows automatically starting after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows automatically starting after shut down: A week or so ago my system turned itself back on after I had done a shut down. I thought it was me but this has happened multiple times this past week. Because this is happening when I am trying to go to bed the only thing I have been able to do to stop it was to turn off my...
  5. My computer is shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is shutting down automatically: Hey guys I was using windows 8.1 for quite a while but then I decided to upgrade to win 10. I finished the installation perfectly and the computer is working fine but it started to shutdown after approximately 6 or 7 mins. I changed the sleep mode timer to never but still the...
  6. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  7. Shut down computer automatically after sometime

Shut down computer automatically after sometime: Can someone tell me how to automatically completely shut down my desktop computer, not laptop, after a period of non use. I use windows 10 ***Original title: shut down desk topcomputer***...
  8. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...
  9. Automatic shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  10. computer not completely shutting down

computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...