Windows 10: Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw

Discus and support Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning one of my systems "updated" and once restarted it told me I had been automatically signed into edge with my microsoft account and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NatnanMartin37, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw

This morning one of my systems "updated" and once restarted it told me I had been automatically signed into edge with my microsoft account and tried to talk me through syncing across devices, I have had enough, I am fed up with microsoft using the "update" process to push,

1. Sign in options and syncing across devices, I do not want this, I do not use my computers in that way.

2. Microsoft edge, I do not want this, I am happy with my browser choice.

The effect this is having is to irritate me, I have told microsoft I dont want to sync across devices more than once on more than one system over the past few months and I have lost count of the number of times I have said no to using edge. It is making me dislike microsoft, and that is not a good thing as they make some excellent software. I doubt I am the only person who microsoft are rapidly making into an enemy by this behaviour and it needs to stop.

One of the main things I love about windows is that it allows me to use my computer in the way I want to, when I want, how I want. Over the last twenty years I have bought more than ten computers, all with windows, I am a loyal customer. If I wanted to be told how to use computers I would buy a Mac, do not turn into Apple - that ends badly as you have to beat them at their own game or fail, there is only room for one Apple like computer company at any time.

:)

NatnanMartin37, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw

1. Automatically signed into edge post windows update with microsoft account the last straw - Similar Threads - Automatically signed edge

2. Saw that last post?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saw that last post?: Heres another example.search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Windows&crumb=location:C%3A%5CWindows\IdentityCRL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saw-that-last-post/66d3b50f-4c93-42f7-9ab5-9cf91562ade5
  3. Saw that last post?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saw that last post?: Heres another example.search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Windows&crumb=location:C%3A%5CWindows\IdentityCRL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saw-that-last-post/66d3b50f-4c93-42f7-9ab5-9cf91562ade5
  4. This is the last straw I have with Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is the last straw I have with Windows...: [ATTACH] This is the last straw I have with Windows... submitted by /u/thinlycuta4paper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v91xmh/this_is_the_last_straw_i_have_with_windows/
  5. additional to last post

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    additional to last post: wont show destination drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-to-last-post/daf61789-4e16-4935-b849-c9af34780633
  6. How to automatically sign in to last user in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to automatically sign in to last user in Windows 10: So in my laptop, i have 2 user. One is administrator, and another is standard user. When sign in, im always go to the second account standard user, even though the last opened user is administrator. How do i change it so the last user automatically sign in?...
  7. Windows Update - I swear to god this is the last straw

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - I swear to god this is the last straw: Right... I tried setting Active hours to somewhere around 3AM. I tried disabling WU I tried setting the service to Manual I tried using the group policy tool to disable it I even went as far as to edit the registry. This M.F. still downloads updates... And now i learn...
  8. Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update: After the last update of my PC in October I lost my synchronized files on the other devices. I mean Favorites that are located also on the smartphone and Xbox. How can I sort it out?...
  9. Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge: How to: Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge How to Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PC sign in to your device on the lock screen and sign in to your Microsoft account on the web....
  10. Last automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last automatic update: What is the identification number of the last Windows 10 automatic update? My installation of Windows 10 was done August 14. The last automatic update I received was KB25533437 on August 15. 19191