Windows 10: Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Discus and support Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Venkat Vangala, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved.

:)

Venkat Vangala, Feb 15, 2021

2. Volume goes to zero and mute.

volume goes to zero and mute.

Original subject: volume

williamzmuda, Feb 15, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Microphone is self muting and setting volume to zero

I too have had the same exact problem with my Dell Inspirion i5. I first looked at the Dell Audio Control Panel and found that it re-muted at varying intervals from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Uninstalled and replaced the Dell Audio drivers package
    (300MB) and that took out the Dell Audio Control Panel as well as my speakers! Had Norton do a complete scan of the whole system and it found nothing. Eventually, I reinstalled the Dell Audio package and got my speakers back but the muting continued. I got
    new Windows drivers for the speakers but that didn't help either. Now if I unmute using the "playback devices" (right click the speakers icon) and go to the mic display and double click on it to get the volume and mute control, it does the same thing as it
    did on the Dell Audio Control Panel, i.e., wait a few seconds and it goes to mute and zero volume. There has to be some program of some sort sending a message to the "muter' telling it to do its thing, but I haven't been able to find it.

GeraldOtis, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

1. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute - Similar Threads - Automatically Speaker Volume

2. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  3. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  4. sound automatic goes to mute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  5. sound automatic goes to mute.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  6. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero: The headset with speakers and mic was working properly before certain Windows 10 updates but it is no longer working now. I used to plug in the headset when I wanted to use it and unplug it after use. Now when I plugged in the headset if the PC has already turned on, the...
  7. Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged: Do Windows 10 computers have this feature? Or is there an app I can install? Thank you. submitted by /u/TeepoReiRyu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3j64l/automatically_muting_speakers_when_headphones_are/
  8. Speaker automatically mutes sound?

Speaker automatically mutes sound?: Hello Hello, i listen to music via bluetooth with my devil speaker over youtube (chrome) and everything works fine. But when I am on another page in Firefox and e.g. a video is playing which I pause or switch off, the sound of Chrome is automatically switched off. Not...
  9. speakers muting

speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  10. Volume goes down automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume goes down automatically: I’ve faced an issue with sound. When I try to increase it by the button on the sound slide, the volume goes down automatically. I tried to troubleshoot it and reset my Windows, then re-installed audio driver. And it really helped but after the Windows update the issue showed...