Windows 10: Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Discus and support Automatically switch from headphones to speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbabwe, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jimbabwe Win User

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10?

:)

jimbabwe, Aug 18, 2015

2. Automatic switch to speaker won't happen when headphones are connected on windows 10

Old title: microphone to headphone/ headphone to microphone

Since I have installed Windows 10 the speakers on my computer no longer switch automatically to my headphones when I plug them in and the headphones when I unplug them no longer switch automatically to my speakers. I am having to go into playback devices
    and manually make the change every time I want to switch.

JackiePratt, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not switching between headphones and speakers

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I'm having an issue with my audio. When I used Windows 7, plugging in my headphones to the 3.5mm audio jack on my laptop would automatically switch the audio from my speakers to the headphones. Now,
    using Windows 10, I have to manually open the audio settings and switch the default output from my speakers to my headphones whenever I want to use them. What's changed? Is there a way to get Windows 10 to automatically switch audio output when I plug in my
    headphones?

TheMopkins, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

What brand computer? I have Win10 on an older Dell Inspiron 580 with speakers plugged into the rear panel and whenever I plug headphones into the front jack it automatically disables the rear jack. It really depends a lot on the motherboard features.

Berton, Aug 18, 2015
  5. jimbabwe Win User
    This is a computer we put together - different manufacturers. I forget the brand. Anyway it worked fine before the update. There is a large driver packaged released from Via http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/4...io_11.1000.zip
    that I'm going to try. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

jimbabwe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers - Similar Threads - Automatically switch headphones

2. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  3. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  4. Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage: This problem has started today. I haven't updated anything recently. When starting up my pc it runs fine for a few minutes but then out of nowhere the computer starts sputtering every few seconds with the audio eventually cutting out entirely. I saw in the sound playback tab...
  5. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  6. Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset: I have a Bluetooth headset. Because it's Bluetooth, I can't use the audio at full quality and the microphone at the same time, so I have to open mmsys.cpl and switch from the headphone option to headset. But, when I use the same headset on a Mac, it changes automatically,...
  7. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  8. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...
  9. Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!: Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch automatically. I have to keep manually changing where audio comes out through using "play back devices" settings. Was...
  10. Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones: On my HP Elite 7300 MT with upgraded graphics to a GTX 560TI, I'm running into a pretty specific problem. I have my audio setup connected to my computer via the back green jack port, but as my system is quite aged (home cinema receiver from the 80's) it takes quite some...