Windows 10: Automatically sync a folder

Discus and support Automatically sync a folder in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Automatically sync a folder

I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my photos using a simple batch file and the robocopy command.

What I would like if possible is for my batch file to be executed whenever anything changes in the folder where I keep the photos meaning the external USB drive would be automatically updated instead of me having to run the batch file manually.

Sorry for the maybe a bit confusing explanation but in short what I'm wondering is if there's an easy way to have the contents in folder B synced with folder A whenever something changes in folder A.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018

2. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Synced folders

The original post was " I sync with my brother 700 miles away through LiveSync. We have a sync'ed folder on our PC's desktop where we share pictures and various files. Will I be able to sync with these folders on my Windows 7 phone?"

I didn't see anything in that question related to automatic syncing. I read the request as wanting to be able to share data between the phone and the PC and that can be done with Dropbox as Jack Cook suggested or with Live Sync as I suggested but neither
    one of these approaches is automatic, you put files into a folder on the PC and take them out of the folder on the phone and I thought that was the original request.

buzzzqwert, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Automatically sync a folder

1. Automatically sync a folder - Similar Threads - Automatically sync folder

2. I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.: As the Downloads folder is not one of those folders typically synced by OneDrive, I guess in order to achieve that, I should change the folder's location to a subfolder under OneDrive. Would such a step be "acceptable" with Windows my version is Windows 11? I believe I could...
  3. I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.: As the Downloads folder is not one of those folders typically synced by OneDrive, I guess in order to achieve that, I should change the folder's location to a subfolder under OneDrive. Would such a step be "acceptable" with Windows my version is Windows 11? I believe I could...
  4. Folder continuously syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder continuously syncing: I can not delete a folder due to it continuously synching. I have shut my computer down multiple times and updated it and the folder still can not be deleted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-continuously-syncing/7bd594cf-d32e-49d1-b816-86a6af0fb65b
  5. Synced Folder

Synced Folder: How can i recover Synced Folder. I am Receiving the following Note: "Sinced Folder is Missing" Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synced-folder/cfb5c99a-820f-43fb-a3e2-8835df7c4b79
  6. A SYNCED FOLDER IS MISSING

in Windows 10 Customization
    A SYNCED FOLDER IS MISSING: I have just run a major update for Windows Ten and I'm now on version 2004. I now have a message on my desktop at startup. This is shown below. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? [ATTACH] I look forward to your suggestions. Martyn...
  7. Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive

Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive: I have 2 questions for clarification: I have a Windows 10 computer and save all files to my computer. Is there a way to automatically save my file on my computer and it syncs to my OneDrive acct? #2: I read an article about getting an old version of a file on OneDrive and...
  8. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...
  9. Automatically sync a folder when content change

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically sync a folder when content change: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  10. folder sync

folder sync: Hi, i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP. what is the best way to do it? 75725