Windows 10: Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region

Discus and support Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dual monitor set up and my work right now involves me having to take repeated screenshots of a region on one screen. What I'm doing right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/twooneeighties, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region

Hi,

I have a dual monitor set up and my work right now involves me having to take repeated screenshots of a region on one screen. What I'm doing right now is using onedrive, which screenshots both screens, then resize all the images using faststone.

Is there an app that will let me preselect a region, and then hitting a hotkey (eg ctrl + prtscr) will automatically save that region to a folder without asking me to select the region each time or ask for confirmation to save? I have to take a ton of screenshots so I'm looking for a way to make it as automated as possible.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/twooneeighties
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/twooneeighties, Jul 4, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2020
  3. bortao Win User
    Automatically save a snipped screenshot to disk

In Windows 10 you can press Win ⊞ + Print Screen and it will save a screenshot of the whole desktop to disk. This works great.

What I'm looking for is this exact functionality but being able to choose a region using the mouse.

What I've found so far:

• Snipping tool: Either brings an editor after capture, or saves to clipboard. Haven't found a way to automatically save to disk.
    • Lightshot: Also bring an editor, or automatically generate a link. Can't automatically save to disk

The solution can rely on a third party software that runs in background, or also AutoHotkey script.

bortao, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region

Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region

1. Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region - Similar Threads - Automatically save hard

2. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...
  3. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...
  4. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  5. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  6. PC is taking screenshots automatically and saving it on the clipboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is taking screenshots automatically and saving it on the clipboard.: I have been facing this issue since last 5 hours and it's really bothering me. My pc automatically taking screenshots and copying it into the clip board and it happens in a very small interval It takes so many screenshots in just few seconds. The screenshots are taken so...
  7. LPT: To automatically take screenshots and save them as an image specifically on laptops,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LPT: To automatically take screenshots and save them as an image specifically on laptops,...: On desktops, WIN+PRNT SCRN will automatically record a screenshot and save it as an image in Pictures/Screenshots. For whatever reason specifically on laptops, you have to press FN as well. So: FN+WIN+PRNT SCRN....
  8. How to take a screenshot and save as a file automatically (not just clipboard) without a...

How to take a screenshot and save as a file automatically (not just clipboard) without a...: I would like to take a screenshot only with a keyboard shortcut, without using mouse, and save the captured image automatically as a file (not as clipboard image to paste). This is exactly what win + prtscr does but I do not have a dedicated prtscr button on my compact...
  9. Automatically save snipping screenshots

Automatically save snipping screenshots: Is there a way I could setup a folder where all the images that I snap with Windows+Shift+S automatically get saved? :) submitted by /u/FlocoPops [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsbz8c/automatically_save_snipping_screenshots/
  10. How to make screenshots save into the hard drive instead of OneDrive?

How to make screenshots save into the hard drive instead of OneDrive?: I really don't like the fact that it saves in OneDrive because sometimes, OneDrive gets desynced and doesn't save the screenshots at all. And no, don't tell me to use snipping tool, paint, etc. to do screenshots because I intend on screenshotting in-game. submitted by...