Windows 10: Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

Discus and support Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christian Di., Oct 22, 2020.

1. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

Hello,

i found

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-turn-on-mobile-hotspot-when-the-pc/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6

during i searched for my problem.

But it doesnt work at my notebook.

What am i doing wrong?

Regards

Christian

:)

Christian Di., Oct 22, 2020

2. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want the Mobile Hotspot to startup automatically when boot the PC.

One of the workaround you can do is creating a batch file to start the hotspot automatically. Kindly, follow the steps mentioned below to create the batch file.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type notepad and hit enter.
    3. Now type in the following command: netsh wlan start hostednetwork //start hotspot
    4. Now click on File and click on
      Save as
    5. On the left hand pane click on Desktop.
    6. Under file name type Hotspot.bat and change the save as type to
      All files.
    7. Click on Save.

Once you save the file on Desktop follow the steps to save it under
    Startup folder so the batch file runs automatically after a restart.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type Shell:Startup and hit enter.
    3. A new window will be open, drag and drop the
      Hotspot.bat
      file to the new window.
    4. Restart the PC.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 22, 2020
  3. RR_Caz Win User
    Automatic Mobile Hotspot on PC Boot

I have the same question as the user in
    this post
    . However the response method does not work for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, JP

RR_Caz, Oct 22, 2020
  4. DMarci Win User

Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

Turn on mobile hotspot automatically on boot

Hi,

is there any way to turn on the mobile hotspot automatically when teh computer boots up?(Windows 10)

The best would be, if it would turn on even when there is no user signed in, and computer is still on the sign-in screen, but any solution would be welcome.

Thank you in advance!

DMarci, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

1. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots - Similar Threads - Automatically turn Mobile

2. How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically in WINDOWS 11 when the pc boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically in WINDOWS 11 when the pc boots: My wifi administrator at college allows only one device to connect to wi-fi so I need the mobile hotspot feature to turn on the internet on my smartphone.I browsed the Microsoft community to know how to solve that problem and observed thatThe windows 10 method of using netsh...
  3. How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically in WINDOWS 11 when the pc boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically in WINDOWS 11 when the pc boots: My wifi administrator at college allows only one device to connect to wi-fi so I need the mobile hotspot feature to turn on the internet on my smartphone.I browsed the Microsoft community to know how to solve that problem and observed thatThe windows 10 method of using netsh...
  4. How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically when PC boots?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically when PC boots?: I had read this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-turn-on-mobile-hotspot-when-the-pc/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6I followed the instructions, but it didn't work. My PC still won't turn on mobile hotspot automatically when it...
  5. How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically when PC boots?

How to turn on mobile hotspot automatically when PC boots?: I had read this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-turn-on-mobile-hotspot-when-the-pc/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6I followed the instructions, but it didn't work. My PC still won't turn on mobile hotspot automatically when it...
  6. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots in Windows 11: Hello team,I am trying to start my windows hotspot automatically whenever the PC boots, I have tried this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-turn-on-mobile-hotspot-when-the-pc/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6.It is not helpful in...
  7. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots in Windows 11

Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots in Windows 11: Hello team,I am trying to start my windows hotspot automatically whenever the PC boots, I have tried this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-turn-on-mobile-hotspot-when-the-pc/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6.It is not helpful in...
  8. Automatic Mobile Hotspot on PC Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Mobile Hotspot on PC Boot: I have the same question as the user in this post. However the response method does not work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks, JP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-mobile-hotspot-on-pc-boot/54d4f82f-d7cf-4937-a1cf-ed0000458bf0
  9. Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically turn on Mobile Hotspot when the PC boots: im trying to find out how to get on windows 10 the mobile hotspot to startup when i turn my system on ***Original title: Mobile Hotspot To Startup!***...
  10. Turn on mobile hotspot automatically on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn on mobile hotspot automatically on boot: Hi, is there any way to turn on the mobile hotspot automatically when teh computer boots up?(Windows 10) The best would be, if it would turn on even when there is no user signed in, and computer is still on the sign-in screen, but any solution would be welcome. Thank you...