Windows 10: Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work

Discus and support Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've read this old thread: How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized since I'm facing the same problem (I want to start a couple of apps minimized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by patrickdrd, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work

I've read this old thread:
    How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

since I'm facing the same problem (I want to start a couple of apps minimized plus task manager)
    and I tried the following commands but they don't work:

Code: start /min "" "D:\Utilities\PortableApps\XMouseButtonControl\64bit (x64)\XMouseButtonControl.exe" start /min "" "C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe"[/quote] there's another app started with this command:
    Code: "C:\Program Files\avs\bin\avscc.exe" --log[/quote] which also shows a popup after login

looking forward for your help,
    thanks in advance

:)

patrickdrd, Jun 14, 2019

2. How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. Another solution Bree found was to add the argument "/background" in task scheduler.

Kind regards
    Chris

Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work [​IMG]

Chris Nicola, Jun 14, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 14, 2019
  4. pafnooty Win User

Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work

How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

I want to start a program (Zotero) minimized, so I tried the bat file approach with a single line:

start /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\zotero.exe"

and it failed to start at all. I went to Command Prompt and tried

C:
    start /min "Program Files (x86)\Zotero\zotero.exe"

and, surprise, it didn't work there either! It simply creates and minimizes another C: command prompt window (if I start without the /min, it opens the C: window). The only thing that worked was to navigate to the final directory, and then it started, minimized or not. So the final working bat file is:

C:
    cd "Program Files (x86)\Zotero"
    start /min zotero.exe

I tried the same sequence of tests with another program, and the same thing happened.

I'm happy with the solution, but does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Cheers!

Ed

pafnooty, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work

1. Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work - Similar Threads - Automaticaly Start Program

2. Find programs and files Start doesn'T work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find programs and files Start doesn'T work: Find programs and files Start doesn'T work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-programs-and-files-start-doesnt-work/ab020b11-4979-4e6e-8cea-a77664a869f0
  3. Find programs and files Start doesn'T work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find programs and files Start doesn'T work: Find programs and files Start doesn'T work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-programs-and-files-start-doesnt-work/ab020b11-4979-4e6e-8cea-a77664a869f0
  4. Need to start a program minimized

Need to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  5. How to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  6. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger: Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a...
  7. How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized: I have an old programme I like called Desktop Secretary that I am using With Windows 10. Its being run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. The built in option to run on startup does not work for Win 10 so I am using Task scheduler to make it run automatically at startup. Is...
  8. Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode

Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode: Hi, I need Windows 10 to boot directly to a program. Whatever I try .vbs, .bat or just shortcut in Startup folder, it always starts minimized to task bar. When I click on the task bar it gets blown up full screen. Once I turn off the Tablet mode it starts good, maximized....
  9. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  10. Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized: I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run minimized doesnt work