Windows 10: Automating Microsoft Paint

Discus and support Automating Microsoft Paint in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I've made a program that I give it a photo and a colour palette and it then re-draws that photo in Microsoft Paint, the program does not decompile... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dylanmcbean, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Automating Microsoft Paint

So I've made a program that I give it a photo and a colour palette and it then re-draws that photo in Microsoft Paint, the program does not decompile change or alter Microsoft Paint in anyway. the program just moves the mouse around the screen in such a way to draw the photo. i was going to make a tutorial on YouTube of how I programmed it. but when asking somewhere i was told it was against the Microsoft Paint terms of service. I looked through and couldn't seem to find anything that was against moving the mouse around in order to create a picture.

The only thing I could find in the terms of service links to this would have been this, but this doesn't mention anything about automating the movement of the mouse
    reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software, or attempt to do so, except and only to the extent that the foregoing restriction is a permitted by applicable law; b permitted by licensing terms governing the use of open-source components that may be included with the software; or c required to debug changes to any libraries licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License which are included with and linked to by the software;

I just wanted to know if automating something like this was okay or not.

here is a link to the code https://hastebin.com/eburevoyuz.py

:)

Dylanmcbean, Jul 23, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Automating Microsoft Paint

So I've made a program that I give it a photo and a colour palette and it then re-draws that photo in Microsoft Paint, the program does not decompile change or alter Microsoft Paint in anyway. the program just moves the mouse around the screen in such
    a way to draw the photo. i was going to make a tutorial on YouTube of how I programmed it. but when asking somewhere i was told it was against the Microsoft Paint terms of service. I looked through and couldn't seem to find anything that was against moving
    the mouse around in order to create a picture.

The only thing I could find in the terms of service links to this would have been this, but this doesn't mention anything about automating the movement of the mouse
    reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software, or attempt to do so, except and only to the extent that the foregoing restriction is (a) permitted by applicable law; (b) permitted by licensing terms governing the use of open-source components
    that may be included with the software; or (c) required to debug changes to any libraries licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License which are included with and linked to by the software;

here is a link to the code hastebin

Dylanmcbean, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Automating Microsoft Paint

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 4, 2020
  5. Arun B J Win User

Automating Microsoft Paint

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2020
  6. Automating Microsoft Paint

So I've made a program that I give it a photo and a colour palette and it then re-draws that photo in Microsoft Paint, the program does not decompile change or alter Microsoft Paint in anyway. the program just moves the mouse around the screen in such
    a way to draw the photo. i was going to make a tutorial on YouTube of how I programmed it. but when asking somewhere i was told it was against the Microsoft Paint terms of service. I looked through and couldn't seem to find anything that was against moving
    the mouse around in order to create a picture.

reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software, or attempt to do so, except and only to the extent that the foregoing restriction is (a) permitted by applicable law; (b) permitted by licensing terms governing the use of open-source components
    that may be included with the software; or (c) required to debug changes to any libraries licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License which are included with and linked to by the software;

here is a link to the code hastebin

Dylanmcbean, Aug 4, 2020
  7. Arun B J Win User
    upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Automating Microsoft Paint

1. Automating Microsoft Paint - Similar Threads - Automating Microsoft Paint

2. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: I guess there was an update to Paint in one of the last few updates. I'm writing a book that is pretty paint-dependent and have run into a problem. For whatever reasons, when you erase something, it leaves a checker-board like surface beneath what you've erased. I did it on...
  3. Microsoft paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft paint: How do you get the old Windows 10 version of Microsoft paint on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/a791c9ec-cb7f-4a69-bffc-8dab4a5aa7a3
  4. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: Hello,some version of Microsoft Paint is installed on my computer, BUT when I click on an uploaded image, the PAINT TOOLBAR IS LIMITED TO SELECT, CROP, MAGIC SELECT!How do I get the complete selection on my Windows Paint?Please, help!Ignoramus...
  5. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: My text options do not display in Microsoft Paint app. It used to display font, print size etc options to select. Now the text option only toggles text off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/dc253f81-8026-4e1b-84cc-6db655b04171
  6. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint: My text options do not display in Microsoft Paint app. It used to display font, print size etc options to select. Now the text option only toggles text off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/dc253f81-8026-4e1b-84cc-6db655b04171
  7. Microsoft Paint

Microsoft Paint: How can I insert photo to MS-Paint for editing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/524cc066-7481-4402-b183-2a8c38aeed8e
  8. Microsoft Paint--

Microsoft Paint--: How do you increase picture resolution to 300 dpi in Microsoft Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/7c17f26d-b859-4936-a693-2754367da946
  9. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Paint: I see some people are having problems with Microsoft Paint. I have a BIG problem!!! I am not computer savvy. I know just enough to be dangerous. Sometimes if I poke around I can find a solution to a problem. First, I didn't know I had Paint. Supposedly it comes with...
  10. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...