Windows 10: Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

Discus and support Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Reuben _387, May 22, 2023.

1. Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

:)

Reuben _387, May 22, 2023

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 22, 2023
  3. MaloK Win User
    Connecting NAS - mapping of drives  

Ok,

If you want, we can do a step by step troubleshooting of your current situation:

If you are able to ping your Machine and it responds.
    Code:
    Try to view if your NAS appears on the Network List:
    Code:
    If Your NAS appears on the list, try to view it:
    Code:
    The available shares will be listed there.

Then Try to List the content of one of the directories:
    Code:
    This should list the content of the directory,

If all this works Try to map a drive on one share:
    Code:
    Pls reply with the "response" of the first "encounter" of a non positive output.

This exercise should reveal if you have a Network or Protocol or Cipher or Authentication problem.

MaloK, May 22, 2023
  4. Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

cannot open files on network shared drive

Is the remote shared folder mapped? Do you have a drive letter assigned to it?
    I'd suggest calling the software developer and asking them.

thebluebumblebee, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

1. Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually. - Similar Threads - Automating share point

2. Shared drive is not mapping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared drive is not mapping: Hello,We have created couple of users in AD what is happening now is that we are unable to map the shared drive. When we try to map the network drive it ask for credentials but correct user name/password entered but it says username or password incorrect. Is anyone able to...
  3. Shared drive is not mapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared drive is not mapping: Hello,We have created couple of users in AD what is happening now is that we are unable to map the shared drive. When we try to map the network drive it ask for credentials but correct user name/password entered but it says username or password incorrect. Is anyone able to...
  4. Shared drive is not mapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.: Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automating-my-share-point-drive-so-i-will-not-have/4d4088be-2ead-4676-a33b-aa0caaed30b3
  6. Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually.: Automating my share point drive so I will not have to map them manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automating-my-share-point-drive-so-i-will-not-have/4d4088be-2ead-4676-a33b-aa0caaed30b3
  7. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  8. Can't map shared drive - says it's already mapped

Can't map shared drive - says it's already mapped: Hi! I'd be grateful for help with a problem on Windows 10 and a Synology NAS DS220j. I'm not the most technical of users so idiot steps would be appreciated! I have a Synology DS220j NAS. When set up it has a number of shares created by default - music, photo, video, etc. I...
  9. Manually mapping a drobo as a network drive

Manually mapping a drobo as a network drive: Morning all, Long time browser, this forum has helped me loads over the past. Hopefully someone can help me with my problem. I have a Drobo B800fs (network attached storage device) which has worked perfectly for a number of years. A couple of days ago I deleted circa 50% of...
  10. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...