Windows 10: Automating New Computer Setup

Discus and support Automating New Computer Setup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quinton Richards, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Automating New Computer Setup

Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the same programs, privacy settings, etc. Here are some things I want to include in the setup on a side note, I've tried doing the privacy settings w/Power Automate Desktop with no luck. Installing the Microsoft Office from a USBAdjusting Privacy settingsInstalling software from the internet where Username and Password wi

:)

Quinton Richards, Oct 6, 2022
  2. maditu Win User

Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml

Dear Community,

I am currently trying to find out if it is possible to automate just the OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with an Autounattend.xml file.

In this particular use case, the devices are delievered with a preinstalled Windows 10 Pro version 1803. The goal is to use the preinstalled OEM image. When startging the devices for the first time, they start with OOBE. We want to automate these steps. The idea was to create an answer file which just holds parameters for the oobeSystem pass and let the resulting Autounattend.xml file be consumed from a removable USB drive.

Does somebody have experience with a similar use case? Will Windows 10 still search for an Autounattend.xml file just before entering the oobeSystem Pass? Or is an Autounattend .xml just usable when going trough all configurationen passes of Windows?

The Microsoft documentation was no help for me regarding this particular question.

Best regards,
    Manuel

maditu, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Automating New Computer Setup

Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Automating New Computer Setup

1. Automating New Computer Setup - Similar Threads - Automating Computer Setup

2. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  3. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  4. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  5. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  6. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer setup: My husband bought a new computer last week and set it up following all direction prompts. He was able to sign in and use the computer that evening. Since then it will not accept his login pin #, To reset that, he needed to sign into his Outlook account. It won't accept...
  7. Made a mistake in setup of new computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Made a mistake in setup of new computer: Hi! I just got a new computer and messed up the setup by using my son's info instead of my own. I want to be the administrator of the accounts on this computer I'm coming from a Mac so not sure if this means the same thing. I did a shift-restart hoping to reset Windows 10....
  8. NEW COMPUTER SETUP JUST SPINNING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW COMPUTER SETUP JUST SPINNING: my new computer install just shows spinning w/o any progress help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-setup-just-spinning/ae7ab237-12f1-4679-a19e-2c1f97cfa1e2
  9. New Computer setup please help

New Computer setup please help: I hope you can help with this. I am setting up my new laptop and one of the software I installed is Cyberlink Power2Go. I use external burner, hence the laptop does not have optical drive. For this reason during startup of the computer, it is coming to say "No burner...
  10. Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System

Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System: If anyone has a favorite "package" i am trying to recreate the ones i used to use for Windows 7, 8 etc. Windows 10 does not have all the same registry keys or in some cases they are in different places, need different values, or do not even exist. These are all the simple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. New computer setup script