Windows 10: AutoOC mode vs PBO observations 3900x

Discus and support AutoOC mode vs PBO observations 3900x in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was testing out the PBO and AutoOC mode (Max CPU boost clock override +200) on my Aorus PRO. First thing that I noticed is that the idle voltages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TokiyoRio, Aug 12, 2019.

1. TokiyoRio Win User

AutoOC mode vs PBO observations 3900x

So I was testing out the PBO and AutoOC mode (Max CPU boost clock override +200) on my Aorus PRO. First thing that I noticed is that the idle voltages on AutoOC mode seem to be lower than in PBO mode (1.25V). CPU also seems more reluctant to clock itself higher in the AutoOC mode, it mostly stays around 1200-1600hz during idle and only clocks to around 4200hz during workloads.

PBO mode is much more aggressive, it runs at 1.35V idle, idle clocks are all over the place as they can jump from 1k to 3k in a blink and it also seems to clock higher during workloads for me. Highest I got with PBO is 4450hz which is 250 higher than AutoOC.

:)

TokiyoRio, Aug 12, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. AutoOC mode vs PBO observations 3900x - Similar Threads - AutoOC mode PBO

2. Just an observation - no question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an observation - no question: I wasn't really willing to upgrade to Windows 11 however, upgrading to Windows 11 Pro fixed 2 issues I had with my 9 month old HP laptop - shutting down from the start menu would only restart the device and start menu fonts became really tiny. I was advised by HP that the...
  3. Master Browser Observation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Master Browser Observation: To start, this is an observation, not a recommendation. Once upon a time my home LAN was 100% XP and it performed flawlessly. Times change and now I have only 3 Windows 10 machines on the LAN and, like others, I've experienced LAN problems following Windows 10 upgrades....
  4. Night mode vs brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night mode vs brightness: I can't change the brightness of the screen, no matter how hard I try. The only option I get is if I want to turn night mode on or off, which does not help much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-mode-vs-brightness/5488c892-0929-4451-85e2-fd5add821fc6
  5. E-SATA Observations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E-SATA Observations: Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me. Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile A while ago there was a discussion...
  6. Just a curious observation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just a curious observation.: Dell laptop running Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Acer laptop running Win 10 Home RTM I am used to set the date in this format.................. eg. 2/28/2016............M/d/yyyy My Acer has different formats which do not allow me to do that. It does not have M/d/yyyy...
  7. Observation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Observation.: *Kill Hi all. i am not sure about your good selves,however, for my part I dread microsoft updates arriving! Having started back in the days of DOS and gradually progessed via the Microsoft chain of dross via W97,W97 second edition,good old XP, Vista, wonderful Windows 7,...
  8. Interesting Observation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interesting Observation: I reserved a copy of Win10 Upgrade for a Win8.1 Pro and on 7/30/15 files were downloaded but I delayed installing. Today I started it from the GWX icon in the Notification Area but to my surprise the $Windows.~BT Folder dated 7/30/15 [with files of 7/30/15] was gone and the...
  9. More observations

in Windows 10 Support
    More observations: Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring. The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It...
  10. task view observation

in Windows 10 Support
    task view observation: I don't use it but I've just noticed something about from 1703 vs 1709. In 1703, when I would click on task view, mind you I didn't have anything open, task view would open up with malwarebytes running. Now, with 1709 and doing the same thing.....now there is no malwarebytes...