Windows 10: AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

Discus and support AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Trying to find a way to get devices enrolled with Endpoint Manager without the need for local admin or VPN. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Spirali, May 26, 2021.

1. Spirali Win User

AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

Trying to find a way to get devices enrolled with Endpoint Manager without the need for local admin or VPN. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get devices enrolled during this time of remote work? everything i have checked on either requires connection to the local network or local admin.Help is greatly appreciated.What i have done:Setup AutoPilot profileImported test deviceConnected work account through Store AppUnsure if autopilot profile assignment will force devices to enroll or not.I tested the above yesterday and it seemed to work but today when i tried to reverse engineer what i d

:)

Spirali, May 26, 2021
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Enrolling end users in MDM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to enroll users in Intune MDM.

However, for issues related to Microsoft Intune, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums where you will find professionals with expertise on Microsoft Intune in
    Windows 10 and that would be the appropriate forum.

References:
    Troubleshoot device enrollment in Microsoft Intune

MDM enrollment of Windows-based devices

Vivian_S, May 26, 2021
  3. john zuh Win User
    Unable to enroll Device into Azure AD using 3rd Party On-Premise MDM

We are in the process of Integrating a third party MDM (on-premise) with Autopilot in AAD portal to enable Windows 10 OOBE. We want to achieve this by leveraging an on-premise Core Enterprise Application server in Azure. We have configured the following so far which is not working as expected. Also Can't find any relevant event logs within "User Device Registration" or "DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider" :

1. The Autopilot Device Profile was created by importing ID into Autpilot.
    2. Security Group with authorised users incl. MFA enabled Authentication
    3. Redirect URIs was also configured in MDM App used by Azure AD to join Web App via corresponding client_id which maps one of Azure DRS.
    4. Terms of Usage URLs plus secret keys was also created. MDM DISCOVERY URL & MDM TERMS OF USE URL are correctly set but havent checked if they are accessible over the Internet

NB: All of the above and a host of other requirements was double checked and tested several times. Device is able to enrol when InTune is used as the MDM server (by adding the InTune application to my Azure AD)

A Test Device out of the box was used to run the following test scenarios in Azure with an E5 incl. mdm + security subscription.

During our tests we got the following error:

After some googling i read this could be caused by DNS issues, outbound proxy issues, or a variety of other reasons.

I also read this can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. We might have sent the authentication request to the wrong tenant but checked this with a colleague today and granted all necessary permissions as required. Didnt do the trick

I also read this could simply be due to a general Authentification Failure which still looks very generic to me.

Anyone has any clues on how to troubleshoot these kinds of problems based on the error reported. Tips Will be very much appreciated.

john zuh, May 26, 2021
  4. AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

Windows 10 Cisco Meraki MDM will not allow me to enrol

Hi

In order to enrol a device onto the Cisco Meraki MDM you must follow the below -

1. Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Access work or school on the desktop Windows device.
    2. Click Connect
    3. Enter an email address on a domain that does not exist and click - Connect or Continue
    4. Then it will prompt for you to enter an MDM server
    5. In the Server box, enter URL
    6. Enter this Network ID:
    7. Click Register
    8. The device will automatically synchronize with the Meraki Cloud and appear in the client list
    The above usually works fine but today on a w laptop when entering the not existent email address it does not prompt for an MDM URL but infact does the below -

AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment c64bbaca-390d-491b-ade9-f469224e99f4?upload=true.png

FairtradeCoco, May 26, 2021
Thema:

AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

1. AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment - Similar Threads - AutoPilot Existing Devices

2. Autopilot Error: We couldn't finish MDM enrollment. Error: 0x8018000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autopilot Error: We couldn't finish MDM enrollment. Error: 0x8018000: We are getting a MDM enrollment error for windows 11 when setting up our devices using Microsoft Intune Autopilot. We are trying to get Autopilot working for: 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 5th gen 1 Microsoft Surface BookWe know we have followed all the steps correctly since We...
  3. Autopilot Error: We couldn't finish MDM enrollment. Error: 0x8018000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autopilot Error: We couldn't finish MDM enrollment. Error: 0x8018000: We are getting a MDM enrollment error for windows 11 when setting up our devices using Microsoft Intune Autopilot. We are trying to get Autopilot working for: 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 5th gen 1 Microsoft Surface BookWe know we have followed all the steps correctly since We...
  4. Intune MDM enrollment error

Intune MDM enrollment error: Hi! Im trying to join a device to azure AD using the access work or school page, then by hitting connect, and "Join this device to azure AD" when im prompted to put in my credentials I do and then it shows my AAD to join. I hit join and then an error pops up that gives me the...
  5. Intune MDM enrollment error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intune MDM enrollment error: Hi! Im trying to join a device to azure AD using the access work or school page, then by hitting connect, and "Join this device to azure AD" when im prompted to put in my credentials I do and then it shows my AAD to join. I hit join and then an error pops up that gives me the...
  6. Intune MDM enrollment error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Autopilot failing at Enrollment Status page- error 0x81036502

Autopilot failing at Enrollment Status page- error 0x81036502: We have been using Autopilot deployments for a few months without issue. Lately, however, Autopilot setups have been failing while on Ethernet during the enrollment status page under Device Setup - Apps. Generating error code 0x81036502If I hit "Continue Anyway" the laptop...
  8. Autopilot failing at Enrollment Status page- error 0x81036502

Autopilot failing at Enrollment Status page- error 0x81036502: We have been using Autopilot deployments for a few months without issue. Lately, however, Autopilot setups have been failing while on Ethernet during the enrollment status page under Device Setup - Apps. Generating error code 0x81036502If I hit "Continue Anyway" the laptop...
  9. Enrolling end users in MDM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enrolling end users in MDM: I have about 150 users that I need to enrol in Intune MDM, however this requires the user to be local admin. Is there a way around this? I cannot enrol via group policy as no one is in the office and the majority of users do not have a VPN setup, the devices are also Azure...
  10. Error after enrolling win 10 to MDM intune

Error after enrolling win 10 to MDM intune: Hi, Getting this error after enrolling Windows 10 1703 to MDM Intune. MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuration Source ID: 9ED164FE-9F91-41DD-9EAB-25C1E0CEB5AC, Enrollment Name: MDMDeviceWithAAD, Provider Name: Policy, Command Type: Add: from Replace...