Windows 10: AutoPlay defaults

Discus and support AutoPlay defaults in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnTravolski, Jun 9, 2018.

1. AutoPlay defaults

Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor and I can't find any examples anywhere!

Thanks.

:)

JohnTravolski, Jun 9, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

AutoPlay defaults [​IMG]

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 10, 2018
  3. actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

AutoPlay defaults

1. AutoPlay defaults - Similar Threads - AutoPlay defaults

2. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  3. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  4. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  5. Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device: Howdy, I have a piece of scientific equipment that appears as a mass storage device when I plug it in. Is there any way to suppress AutoPlay opening an explorer window behaviour for only this device, for any system I plug it in to? e.g. is there something I can put in an...
  6. Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action...: In Settings > AutoPlay > Choose AutoPlay defaults are three devices: Removable drive Memory card Apple iPhone I want Adobe Lightroom to open when I plug in the iPhone via USB. That choice is not listed in the Apple iPhone drop-down but it is listed in the other two...
  7. Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD: The error message is "cannot Rip one or more tracks". I'm using Windows 10. This has just begun to happen recently, maybe since last Win10 update. Would appreciate help!...
  8. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  9. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of...
  10. Default autoplay program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default autoplay program: When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled. 101143