Windows 10: Autoplay Disc Help

Discus and support Autoplay Disc Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a game for my computer on a disc (I'm guessing it was a DVD-ROM), and when I dug through the files, I happen to notice a file called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Devin Ferrogine, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Autoplay Disc Help

I recently got a game for my computer on a disc (I'm guessing it was a DVD-ROM), and when I dug through the files, I happen to notice a file called "autorun" on the disc. I did some research and discovered that it is used to load the game automatically. That got me thinking; I want to make my own custom game disc for a game called "Mutant Mudds." I have all of the files on the computer already, but what I need help with is making the "autorun" file on the disc so whenever I put the disc in, it will play the game all by itself.

:)

Devin Ferrogine, Dec 13, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Autoplay Disc Help autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 13, 2018
  3. jk4ss Win User
    Optical disc drive not working - OFF/ON Autoplay fixed it

Hi all
    I had purchased a brand new HP laptop last week. It came with WinX 1024 and I eventually managed to get it updated to the latest 1511 version.
    Last thing I checked (before delivery to the intended user) was whether the optical drive worked. I was dumbfounded to find that it wouldn't read a disc. When I tried to open the drive the disc was ejected. Any disc I put it the drive just ground away continually and wouldn't open - and no sign of Autoplay.

I spend hours - literally hours - trolling the internet for a fix.
    I tried setting different Autoplay settings with mixed and intermittent results.
    I found the registry edits but was loathe to use them because the behavior I was seeing didn't really seem to fit :
    • I could see the optical drive but discs wouldn't open when inserted
    • I could add an external optical drive and I could see it as a new drive but discs wouldn't open when inserted
    • I fiddled with the Autoplay settings - once or twice this worked but most times it didn't
    • I could add a USB stick - it was recognized by Autoplay
    • Strangely I could burn a blank disc
    • The device manager seemed to have all the right drivers and no errors (I did a re-install at one stage)
    • I checked the WinX registry against a Win 8.1 registry - it was missing NoDriveTypeAutoRun in HKCU but other posts on the internet suggested this wasn't really an issue.

Then I decided to turn off Autoplay in the Control Panel, Save and restart the laptop.
    Voila ... I could see the discs mounted on the optical drive and I could right mouse click to open them.

So then I turned Autoplay back on , saved and restarted the laptop.
    Autoplay started working as expected ......... what the ?????

I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth at this point and I'm hoping the fix 'sticks'.

I am also hoping that this simple fix works for someone else.

jk4ss, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Autoplay Disc Help

actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Autoplay Disc Help

1. Autoplay Disc Help - Similar Threads - Autoplay Disc Help

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. [HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?

[HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?: I have a USB drive that is potentially infected with virus/malware, since I inserted it in a computer at my university library. I now wish to use it in my laptop, but under no circumstances want my it to be infected. If I disable the Autorun/Autoplay functionality and then...
  5. Autoplay

Autoplay: I want my memory stick to run an autorun file when I put the stick into my computer. I get the 3 standard questions pop up, but none of them allow me to run the autorun file. what do I need to do?...
  6. Autoplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay: I want my memory stick to run an autorun file when I put the stick into my computer. I get the 3 standard questions pop up, but none of them allow me to run the autorun file. what do I need to do?...
  7. autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay: I have windows 10. is there a bug in windows that autoplay doesn't work anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/411857e1-5470-47cb-8c15-c008c335437f
  8. Autoplay

Autoplay: At one time I had "Leawo" blue ray software installed in my desktop so I could watch Blu-ray movies on my Blu-ray optical internal CD/DVD drive. Just experimenting. Well anyway after completely uninstalling the Leawo software I've noticed that when I go to control panel and...
  9. autoplay

autoplay: hi I cant get autoplay to work ive been to devises and turned on but it still don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/016c373e-e831-4510-9e63-ba32b9d3c8a9
  10. Autoplay

Autoplay: Since installing the spring 2018 update for windows 10 neither of my two CD drives will play/autoplay How do I cure this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/bcc5bc7b-8eda-447d-a054-29534ecbb524