Windows 10: AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options

Discus and support AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I'm running WIN 10 Pro with the latest updates and the AutoPlay options dropdown menu for Pen Drives doesn't show any options besides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoãoDomingos1, Oct 9, 2018.

1. AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options

Hello!

I'm running WIN 10 Pro with the latest updates and the AutoPlay options dropdown menu for Pen Drives doesn't show any options besides "Configure storage settings". I'm looking for the option "Open folder to view files".

Can you tell me what may be causing this error and how to solve it.

Thanks.

:)

JoãoDomingos1, Oct 9, 2018

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Linney Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

Please start your own post in the future. We are discussing "3D printer doesn´t appear" in this post. It makes things confusing for the original poster if your question is off topic.

Epson Expression Home XP-200 Small-in-One® All-in-One Printer

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?infoType=FAQ&oid=201984&foid=217158

See Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\AutoPlay

[FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window

http://www.askvg.com/optical-drives-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/

Linney, Oct 9, 2018
  4. AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options

related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options

1. AutoPlay for Pen Drives doesn't show options - Similar Threads - AutoPlay Pen Drives

2. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  3. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  4. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  5. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  6. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  7. Autoplay for USB drive

Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  8. dvd drive will not autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive will not autoplay: dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936
  9. Internal drive "Open AutoPlay..." option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal drive "Open AutoPlay..." option?: [ATTACH] Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there suppose to be an "Open AutoPlay..." option in the context menu when I right click on my internal drive?...
  10. Problems with Autoplay Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Autoplay Options: After setting up my new PC with Windows 10 I discovered that when attaching my Canon Powershot A540 camera via USB, I don't get the same Autoplay options as I did on my old PC running Windows 10. My old PC allows me to "Import pictures and videos (Photo Gallery). My new PC...