Windows 10: Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

Discus and support Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pedrovay2003, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want to work anymore. I can get it to come up with the notification in the Action Center when I plugged a USB device in, but clicking the actual device name just gets rid of it from the list, and nothing else happens.

The weird thing is that this only happens in my main profile on my PC. I created a new profile recently (in addition to my main one), and Autoplay works flawlessly there. Is there some setting that got messed up for me during the upgrade? Thanks in advance!

:)

pedrovay2003, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro -- CD AutoPlay Not Working

Hello,

Since I started using Windows 10, autoplay has stopped working. I have played with all of the autoplay settings. No matter what type of disc I insert, it will not autoplay.

Is this an issue with Windows 10?

jeffzervos, Aug 28, 2015
  3. DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with Windows 10

DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with windows 10

Original Title: DVD/CD autoplay

FredBowers, Aug 28, 2015
  4. sota24 Win User

Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

Me too! I also upgraded from Windows 8.1. A laptop upgraded from Windows 7 did not have this issue.

I've done quite a lot of research (Group Policy editing, adding a registry key that influenced Autoplay in older versions of Windows) and have not been able to fix it.

I don't know if it's a bug in Windows 10 itself or (perhaps more likely) a bug in the migration process.

Other places this bug is mentioned:
    No notification banners for removable drives. - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 8.1/10 Bitlocker Toast Notification
    Solved Autoplay won't open in Windows 10. - Windows 10 Forums
    Autoplay notifications dont work - Windows 10
    Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro - Windows 10 Forums

sota24, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

1. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile - Similar Threads - Autoplay working main

2. Windows Settings Search not working on main profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Search not working on main profile: The search bar inside the settings app aswell as on the 'windows start menu' is not returning any resullts within settings.I have tried the following solutions so far:- Search and Indexing Troubleshooter- sfc /scannow- checking...
  3. Windows Settings Search not working on main profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings Search not working on main profile: The search bar inside the settings app aswell as on the 'windows start menu' is not returning any resullts within settings.I have tried the following solutions so far:- Search and Indexing Troubleshooter- sfc /scannow- checking...
  4. Windows Settings Search not working on main profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  6. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  7. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post will talk about different steps you can take if AutoPlay is not working on Windows 11/10. Windows AutoPlay is one of the valuable features in the Windows OS. For instance, whenever you play a music CD for the first time, the AutoPlay feature asks you which...
  9. Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working

Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working: I can plug anything into any of the 4 USB ports and appears to have power. However nothing ever happens and devices never shop up under autoplay. I have installed and reinstalled all of the drivers. Is there a special security setting or something I am not seeing? Doesnt work...
  10. Autoplay not working. Windows 10

Autoplay not working. Windows 10: I followed all the steps in the repair advise, including resetting autoplay settings in windows 10. Both in settings and from control panel. I also did regedit and added the new hexadecimal lines in current user and local machine folders of the registry. Last, I did a repair...