Windows 10: Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

Discus and support Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pedrovay2003, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want to work anymore. I can get it to come up with the notification in the Action Center when I plugged a USB device in, but clicking the actual device name just gets rid of it from the list, and nothing else happens.

The weird thing is that this only happens in my main profile on my PC. I created a new profile recently (in addition to my main one), and Autoplay works flawlessly there. Is there some setting that got messed up for me during the upgrade? Thanks in advance!

:)

pedrovay2003, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro -- CD AutoPlay Not Working

Hello,

Since I started using Windows 10, autoplay has stopped working. I have played with all of the autoplay settings. No matter what type of disc I insert, it will not autoplay.

Is this an issue with Windows 10?

jeffzervos, Aug 28, 2015
  3. DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with Windows 10

DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with windows 10

Original Title: DVD/CD autoplay

FredBowers, Aug 28, 2015
  4. sota24 Win User

Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

Me too! I also upgraded from Windows 8.1. A laptop upgraded from Windows 7 did not have this issue.

I've done quite a lot of research (Group Policy editing, adding a registry key that influenced Autoplay in older versions of Windows) and have not been able to fix it.

I don't know if it's a bug in Windows 10 itself or (perhaps more likely) a bug in the migration process.

Other places this bug is mentioned:
    No notification banners for removable drives. - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 8.1/10 Bitlocker Toast Notification
    Solved Autoplay won't open in Windows 10. - Windows 10 Forums
    Autoplay notifications dont work - Windows 10
    Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro - Windows 10 Forums

sota24, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

1. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile - Similar Threads - Autoplay working main

2. Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work: I am a new user of Win10 as I am setting up a computer for our church. I like Win10 so far, but cannot make autoplay work. I searched online and tried several things, but to no avail. I even started Regedit, but there was no key (NoDriveTypeAutoRun) present in the directory...
  3. Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work: I am a new user of Win10 as I am setting up a computer for our church. I like Win10 so far, but cannot make autoplay work. I searched online and tried several things, but to no avail. I even started Regedit, but there was no key (NoDriveTypeAutoRun) present in the directory...
  4. autoplay for Windows 10

autoplay for Windows 10: I cant seem to get my disc drive to auto play and without autoplay, I have no idea where/how to run my disc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-for-windows-10/d67bc41d-d576-4fee-9d07-f0c6c534fb32
  5. Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working: I created a local account on my Windows 10 computer. When I log into it says "Welcome", then instantly says "Signing Out". Do you know the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-local-profiles-not-working/7fbd8a9d-511f-4ccf-b3a1-a7b6bf0e412f
  6. Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp: For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the...
  7. autoplay cd in windows 10

autoplay cd in windows 10: Hi Like many others I am unable to get my laptop to autoplay cd or dvd discs when inserted. I am not offered the option to run the aurorun file. If I open file explorer I am able to open the files and use them, but if I insert the same disc in my desktop it offers me to...
  8. Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center (in place upgrade). When I plug in a USB device I no notification pops up and there's no way of getting it to show the 'what do you want to do' menu. The problem is described with images...
  9. Autoplay stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working: Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do. Any ideas? 20672
  10. Windows 10 Broken Autoplay

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Broken Autoplay: Hi, I have a strange issue where autoplay is not working for SD cards. I have a toshiba laptop with a built-in Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, and when I insert an SD card, I get no autoplay notification. It doesn't appear in the notification center, nor do I get a popup. I...