Windows 10: AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10

Discus and support AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post will talk about different steps you can take if AutoPlay is not working on Windows 11/10. Windows AutoPlay is one of the valuable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 17, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10

AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10 AutoPlay-not-working-in-Windows-e1649144995484.png
    This post will talk about different steps you can take if AutoPlay is not working on Windows 11/10. Windows AutoPlay is one of the valuable features in the Windows OS. For instance, whenever you play a music CD for the first time, the AutoPlay feature asks you which media player you want to use if […]

This article AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 17, 2022

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2022
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10 autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 17, 2022
  4. AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10

actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10

1. AutoPlay not working in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - AutoPlay working

2. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  3. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  4. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working

Windows 10 Pro AutoPlay Not Working: I can plug anything into any of the 4 USB ports and appears to have power. However nothing ever happens and devices never shop up under autoplay. I have installed and reinstalled all of the drivers. Is there a special security setting or something I am not seeing? Doesnt work...
  6. Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work: I have tried all of the answers and I have reset all defaults, uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware, drivers etc. NONE of that has fixed this issue. I have on my laptop two programs available to run dvds. "Any Player" and "Movies and TV". When I put in a DVD movie I...
  7. Autoplay not working. Windows 10

Autoplay not working. Windows 10: I followed all the steps in the repair advise, including resetting autoplay settings in windows 10. Both in settings and from control panel. I also did regedit and added the new hexadecimal lines in current user and local machine folders of the registry. Last, I did a repair...
  8. AutoPlay is not working when inserting SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoPlay is not working when inserting SD card: When I insert an SD card, I would like File Explorer to open and display the contents. I tried changing the options in Settings -> Devices - AutoPlay to the following: Removable drive: Open folder to view files File Explorer Memory card: Open folder to view files File...
  9. win 1o autoplay won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 1o autoplay won't work.: win 1o autoplay won't work. Have reinstalled win 10, no joy. Atuplay is set to ON. Current_user_ registry entry show no value under policies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-1o-autoplay-wont-work/3f199603-8c5c-4415-8778-51851cc69bcc
  10. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...