Windows 10: Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Discus and support Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skink06, Nov 6, 2019.

1. skink06 Win User

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

:)

skink06, Nov 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 DVD autoplay not working.

Hi Dan,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

1. What is the make and model of the system?

2. Did you make any changes on the system, prior to this issue?
    3. Did you install all the pending updates and driver updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these methods below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's follow these steps below to enable Autoplay Settings on your computer.

1. Type Autoplay on the search bar, then click on Autoplay Settings tab.
    2. Turn on Use Autoplay for all media and devices option.

3. Select Ask me every time option under Removable drive
    under Autoplay Settings.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD ROM Drives driver and reinstall the latest DVD/CD ROM Drives driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if it works.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Autoplay not working windows 10 (dvd/bluray drive)

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you further to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check the Autoplay settings and check if the option for
    Autoplay can be enabled for all medias (including DVD & Blue Ray) .

• Open the Control panel, and click on the Autoplay icon.
    • Check the “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices” box to turn AutoPlay to
      on.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay not working windows 10 (dvd/bluray drive)

I have just recently installed windows 10 on my new computer, but I cannot get autoplay to work with the DVD/Blueray drive. Autoplay works with other media such as USB memory stick but no matter what I try it will not work with the DVD/Bluray drive. Windows
    detects the drive in windows explorer ok and I am able to access it from there.

John.

John Hannaford, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

1. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive - Similar Threads - Autoplay notification does

2. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  3. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  4. CD/DVD drive does not work.

CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  5. DVD Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Autoplay: Running Windows 10 I have installed a free media and dvd player called Media Player Classic MPC. I can set this application as the default player for media files, and it all works fine. When I open a DVD with the application, it opens and run without any issues. When...
  6. dvd drive will not autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive will not autoplay: dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936
  7. External Hard Drive, Autoplay, Notification

External Hard Drive, Autoplay, Notification: 1. In Windows 7, I do not plug/unplug my external drives. My external drives boot up automatically as the Windows 7 computer boots up. But in Windows 10, the external drives do not boot up with the Windows 10 computer. I have to plug the external hard drives after the...
  8. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...
  9. Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd

Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd: In prior Windows, including 7 I was able to insert a cd or dvd in the drive close the door and the disk would automatically work. With Windows 10 it is like pulling teeth to get a dvd to play automatically. I have gone into settings > AutoPlay and selected Ask me everytime...
  10. Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro

Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center (in place upgrade). When I plug in a USB device I no notification pops up and there's no way of getting it to show the 'what do you want to do' menu. The problem is described with images...