Windows 10: Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

Discus and support Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, May 20, 2019.

1. unko Win User

Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled a lot without telling me which). I went through condidentiality panes in settings but couldn't find the culprit. Basically, autoplay itself works, it's just that i don't get the popup, that "notification" is automatically hidden (it doesn't appear in notification bar even though the counter badge shows a number).. Hopefully somebody here will know what it is.

:)

2. Rey Bel1 Win User

AutoPlay via a Remote Desktop connection not working

Hi Timothy,

It could be that the AutoPlay settings on PC B have not been enabled that's why AutoPlay won't work. You can enable it by following the steps below:

• Click the Ask me anything.
    • Type autoplay, then press Enter.
    • Click AutoPlay settings.
    • Check the settings if it’s on.

Let us know if the steps above have resolved your concern.

Rey Bel1, May 20, 2019
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting" autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 20, 2019
  4. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

1. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting" - Similar Threads - Autoplay stopped working

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Autoplay not working, windows 10

Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  5. Stop autoplay in Movies & TV

Stop autoplay in Movies & TV: How do you stop files from autoplaying in Movies & TV? I have a number of short video files that are only one or two seconds long, and it gets extremely annoying that I can't turn off the autoplay no matter what I try. I only want to watch one video file in a folder and not...
  6. Settings stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings stopped working: I have a problem with "settings" I went to the control panel and It says the "Problem Event Name:MoAppCrash", but the problem always happens when I want to fix the brightness of my pc; this is not the first time that has happened has already happened nine times....
  7. Autoplay settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay settings: long story short l recently restored my laptop, certain settings have reverted which is no biggie, but l burn the occasional disk and for the life of me l cannot remember where the settings for DVD/CD autoplay were as l want to stop windows from automatically trying to use...
  8. Settings stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings stopped working: I have a problem with settings on my computer, they stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-stopped-working/4a9f76dd-d12e-4426-a33d-49d20b836910
  9. Stop Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Autoplay: OK Ive had enough. I can be on Skype talking and looking at news etc and a damn video somewhere will start shouting at me. It can take ages to find out where it is. How do I stop ANY video playing automatically. If I wish to watch I will select it. I have tried various...
  10. Autoplay stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working: Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do. Any ideas? 20672