Windows 10: Autoplay stopped working

Discus and support Autoplay stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do. Any ideas? 20672 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DoItJust, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DoItJust Win User

Autoplay stopped working

Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do.
    Any ideas?

:)

DoItJust, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro -- CD AutoPlay Not Working

Hello,

Since I started using Windows 10, autoplay has stopped working. I have played with all of the autoplay settings. No matter what type of disc I insert, it will not autoplay.

Is this an issue with Windows 10?

jeffzervos, Sep 1, 2015
  3. PhilOwers Win User
    Autoplay does not work in Win 10 pro

Original Title: Autoplay Win 10

I have a problem with Autoplay in Win 10 pro, it works once when you load windows and then stops.

I have re installed and still no difference

However if you try another DVD it tries to load but nothing happens until you open File Manger and Autoplay works

Very strange Any ideas

Phil

PhilOwers, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Autoplay stopped working

1. Autoplay stopped working - Similar Threads - Autoplay stopped working

2. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting": Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled a lot without telling me which). I went through condidentiality panes in settings but couldn't find the culprit. Basically,...
  3. usb autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb autoplay: When I plug in a USB or external drive the autoplay does not open an explorer the way it used to. The auto run/auto play settings have not changed-what's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-autoplay/46e56627-36cf-4c2f-b32c-cb58df49e7bf
  4. Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay: Since installing the spring 2018 update for windows 10 neither of my two CD drives will play/autoplay How do I cure this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/bcc5bc7b-8eda-447d-a054-29534ecbb524
  5. How To Stop brightcove player in chrome from autoplay

in Browsers and Email
    How To Stop brightcove player in chrome from autoplay: Chrome is up to date.I do have Ublock origin installed but frankly the learning curve is a bit steep. I have not made any adjustments to it. I tried this and it did not work: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dis...google-chrome/ And a cursory GOOGLE search was inconclusive:...
  6. Stop Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Autoplay: OK Ive had enough. I can be on Skype talking and looking at news etc and a damn video somewhere will start shouting at me. It can take ages to find out where it is. How do I stop ANY video playing automatically. If I wish to watch I will select it. I have tried various...
  7. autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autoplay videos: Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-videos/c0e60a3e-0003-4fec-bb3d-92839fb7f7c7
  8. Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp: For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the...
  9. Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay notifications not working in Win 10 pro: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center (in place upgrade). When I plug in a USB device I no notification pops up and there's no way of getting it to show the 'what do you want to do' menu. The problem is described with images...
  10. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile: I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want to work anymore. I can get it to come up with the notification in the Action Center when I plugged a USB device in, but...