Windows 10: Autoplay stopped working

Discus and support Autoplay stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do. Any ideas? 20672 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DoItJust, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DoItJust Win User

Autoplay stopped working

Autoplay stopped working until I open "This PC". Then it does what it's supposed to do.
    Any ideas?

:)

DoItJust, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro -- CD AutoPlay Not Working

Hello,

Since I started using Windows 10, autoplay has stopped working. I have played with all of the autoplay settings. No matter what type of disc I insert, it will not autoplay.

Is this an issue with Windows 10?

jeffzervos, Sep 1, 2015
  3. PhilOwers Win User
    Autoplay does not work in Win 10 pro

Original Title: Autoplay Win 10

I have a problem with Autoplay in Win 10 pro, it works once when you load windows and then stops.

I have re installed and still no difference

However if you try another DVD it tries to load but nothing happens until you open File Manger and Autoplay works

Very strange Any ideas

Phil

PhilOwers, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Autoplay stopped working

1. Autoplay stopped working - Similar Threads - Autoplay stopped working

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  5. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  6. Autoplay not working, windows 10

7. Stop autoplay in Movies & TV

Stop autoplay in Movies & TV: How do you stop files from autoplaying in Movies & TV? I have a number of short video files that are only one or two seconds long, and it gets extremely annoying that I can't turn off the autoplay no matter what I try. I only want to watch one video file in a folder and not...
  8. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...
  9. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting": Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled a lot without telling me which). I went through condidentiality panes in settings but couldn't find the culprit. Basically,...
  10. Stop Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Autoplay: OK Ive had enough. I can be on Skype talking and looking at news etc and a damn video somewhere will start shouting at me. It can take ages to find out where it is. How do I stop ANY video playing automatically. If I wish to watch I will select it. I have tried various...