Windows 10: autoplay videos

Discus and support autoplay videos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TrossZZ, Oct 24, 2018.

1. TrossZZ Win User

autoplay videos

Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video.

Thank you,

TrossZZ

:)

TrossZZ, Oct 24, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

autoplay videos autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 24, 2018
  3. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2018
  4. autoplay videos

autoplay feature

Hi Drivhardd,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question for better clarification on the issues.

1. Do you have any issues? Do you see any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below to fix this.

a) Open AutoPlay by pressing Windows key + W,

b) Enter AutoPlay in the search box, Click on Settings, and then click on AutoPlay.

c) In the drop-down list next to the device or type of media, choose Open folder to view files.

d) Please Check the Option Use Autoplay for all media and devices.

e) Click on Save.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

autoplay videos

1. autoplay videos - Similar Threads - autoplay videos

2. When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.: If I click on a link with a video in it, the default volume would automatically default to 100% for each video, waking up the entire house. After searching, I was told by websites to go to "Site settings" and disable autoplay videos. I did, but now I get no sound on anything....
  3. When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.: If I click on a link with a video in it, the default volume would automatically default to 100% for each video, waking up the entire house. After searching, I was told by websites to go to "Site settings" and disable autoplay videos. I did, but now I get no sound on anything....
  4. When I disable autoplay videos, the volume on YouTube is muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  6. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  7. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  9. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  10. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Customization