Windows 10: Autoplay won't open in Windows 10.

Discus and support Autoplay won't open in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I thought I was posting there.. Ah.. sorry.. I'd just come from your thread on Autohotkey.. sorry, too early in the morning - I read 'keys' in your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by D RECK, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Autoplay won't open in Windows 10.

Ah.. sorry.. I'd just come from your thread on Autohotkey.. sorry, too early in the morning - I read 'keys' in your post. Could you elaborate on that? - "media keys while player is in background"

dalchina, Dec 14, 2015
  2. unko Win User

No its me.. I posted there and forgot to erase here.. Media keys means play/pause/next track..

3. gazbag Win User
    Thank You so much DHT. Spent 2 days trying to make this work.

gazbag, Dec 30, 2015
  4. unko Win User

JSYK in the end it works on a brand new TH2 install, however on the older install that was updated, it doesn't work.. ;/

5. JohnFK Win User
    None of the suggestions worked for me unfortunately. I have a USB thumbdrive with autorun and I can't get it to work. My workaround was to insert the thumbdrive and open it. Under the view tab, select options, then view tab again. I put a check mark next to "Launch folder windows in a separate process". This at least opens the drive and I can launch the EXE file.

JohnFK, Feb 7, 2016
  6. thank you very much. the manual fix worked for me. I haven't tried the reg file. By the way, I'm running windows 10 Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586. Yesterday I had problems opening my microSD card reader and an external hard drive because the windows were not automatically popping up and navigating to the mounted volumes in explorer. I had to go to Computer>Drive every single time I would mount a volume which was annoying.

meanhacker, Mar 29, 2016
  7. alannimco Win User
    *SmileFinally after weeks of trying your reg fix worked for my windows 10 Pro.

alannimco, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Autoplay won't open in Windows 10.

I tried downloading your Fix Autoplay.reg and now when i put in a new flashdrive it wont autoplay to choose a default and also doesnt show that i inserted a headphone into the jack anymore. Please help me fix it.

pjschultz28, May 5, 2016
  9. I tried one of these registry autoplay fixes on here and now my computer wont even show the drive letter in the lower right when i plug in a flash drive or headphone jack, bottom line it didnt work and now i probably have to do a reset now. I was originally having problems with autoplay on my cd player when i enter a dvd in or a regular cd with files on it not being able to autoplay but the registry fix still didnt work. please help me. thx

pjschultz28, May 5, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    I've found writing a small script to poll the DVD-RW drive enables autoplay to work for that on my new laptop (no problems on my old one). It also ensure explorer refreshes when I
    eject/insert/eject/insert a CD or DVD. Autplay doesn't work for flash drives

Autohotkey script:
    ;
    ; Poll DVD-RW drive Z for autoplay to detect drives
    ; and explorer to update
    ;
    Loop {
    Sleep, 900
    DriveSpaceFree, Space, z:\
    }

Note: an in-place upgrade repair install is preferable to refresh or reset. It keeps your programs and most settings.

dalchina, May 5, 2016
  11. Pacific Win User
    I joined 10Forums, created restore point, downloaded, this worked for me instantly, THANK YOU DHT!

Pacific, Feb 22, 2017
  12. bobbee12 Win User
    Found another solution, for those like me who had no luck with any of the suggestions.
    Used this small utility: "default programs editor", to add the media player option to the autoplay menu. When I right click my burnt music cds and then clicked autoplay, they read as "removable storage" for some reason. So I just used this utility to add the media player option to the storage menu and it worked.
    The info can be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-1dd0400edbe7.

bobbee12, Mar 11, 2017
  13. x7007 Win User

I have an issue with Windows 10 where it only updates the ISO mounting only if I go or open This PC . then it refresh or mounting the image.
    If I don't do that then nothing is happening.
    Using Anydvd with Anydvd CloneDrive.
    If I open Anydvd then everything works fine and Autoplay and Ask me what to do .
    But without Anydvd I need to go to This PC.
    I have all the registry set and all the settings for autoplay.

Do you guys have the Virtual Drive showing on the Explorer like all the other drives / Hard Disks ? because for me I remember it should be there, but it doesn't

x7007, Sep 12, 2017
  14. Tom1952 Win User
    Thank you! I was a little worried about running your .reg file, but it worked. I am running Win10 64 home Ver 1709, with the Intel patch.

Tom1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Autoplay won't open in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Autoplay won't open

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Autoplay not working, windows 10

Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  5. AutoPlay Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AutoPlay Windows 10: I use the eject button to eject a removable device. Windows doesn't respond OK to remove device. Patiently waiting for Wndows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-windows-10/40b02b4e-8152-4627-89ab-082fe3d55313
  6. AutoPlay Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AutoPlay Windows 10: I use the eject button to eject a removable device. Windows doesn't respond OK to remove device. Patiently waiting for Wndows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-windows-10/40b02b4e-8152-4627-89ab-082fe3d55313
  7. AutoPlay Windows 10

8. win 1o autoplay won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 1o autoplay won't work.: win 1o autoplay won't work. Have reinstalled win 10, no joy. Atuplay is set to ON. Current_user_ registry entry show no value under policies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-1o-autoplay-wont-work/3f199603-8c5c-4415-8778-51851cc69bcc
  9. Autoplay -Open Device Stage

Autoplay -Open Device Stage: I have a camera. For this camera Windows 10 "Auto play" is set to "Open Device Stage" which is run when this camera is connected via USB cable and then turned On. With Windows 10 version 1809 the camera app is listed on the Task bar then runs and saves pictures from the...
  10. autoplay for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay for Windows 10: I cant seem to get my disc drive to auto play and without autoplay, I have no idea where/how to run my disc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-for-windows-10/d67bc41d-d576-4fee-9d07-f0c6c534fb32

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autoplay wont open windows 10