Windows 10: Autoplay

Discus and support Autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing the spring 2018 update for windows 10 neither of my two CD drives will play/autoplay How do I cure this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnBennett_422, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Autoplay

Since installing the spring 2018 update for windows 10 neither of my two CD drives will play/autoplay How do I cure this?

:)

JohnBennett_422, Dec 10, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Problems with autoplay and my JVC camcorder

Hi Marchony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Method 3 : Follow these steps to specify what should happen when you insert different types of digital media into your computer.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. Under MEDIA, find the type of media that you want to change the AutoPlay setting for.

3. Click the action that you want AutoPlay to take when you insert CD/DVD into your computer.

4. Click Save.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Autoplay

autoplay feature

Hi Drivhardd,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question for better clarification on the issues.

1. Do you have any issues? Do you see any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below to fix this.

a) Open AutoPlay by pressing Windows key + W,

b) Enter AutoPlay in the search box, Click on Settings, and then click on AutoPlay.

c) In the drop-down list next to the device or type of media, choose Open folder to view files.

d) Please Check the Option Use Autoplay for all media and devices.

e) Click on Save.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Autoplay

1. Autoplay - Similar Threads - Autoplay

2. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  3. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  4. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  5. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  6. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  7. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  8. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  9. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  10. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization