Windows 10: Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

Discus and support Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a lot of 'Autorecovered' .xls and or .xlsb files on my C-Drive. They cover recent used Excel sheets. They read like:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Mar 2, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

I have a lot of 'Autorecovered' .xls and or .xlsb files on my C-Drive.
    They cover recent used Excel sheets.

They read like:
    Filename%20Filename((Autorecovered-nnnbig nbrnnn)).xls

Is it safe to delete those?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Mar 2, 2020
  2. sacredboy Win User

Save AutoRecover doesn't work in Office 365 ProPlus

Hi guys,

I have Office 365 ProPlus installed on Windows 10.
    I tested AutoSave and AutoRecovery features today with the following settings by default.
    Save AutoRecover information - Every 10 minutes.
    Keep the last AutoRecovered version if I close without saving - Ticked.
    AutoRecover file location: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel.

I opened an Excel spreadsheet, made a few changes and waited for 10 minutes.
    After 10 minutes no folder was created under C:\Users\\AppDatat\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel.
    Then I cold rebooted my computer and found nothing under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Unsaved Files.

If that looks like AutoRecover feature doesn't work for my Excel (and possibly for the whole Office suite) could you please advise what could\should be done to resolve this issue.

Regards

sacredboy, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 2, 2020
  4. kateorm Win User

Corrupt MOF file

Need to gain access to Wbem MOF files to include #pragma autorecover. Have compiled a list of MOF's requiring this change.

Have tried a number of suggestions without success!

kateorm, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive - Similar Threads - Autorecovered xls files

2. Restore files to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files to C drive: Some time ago after having installed an SSD in my desktop and made it the C drive. I put the user files documents, photos, etc. on the HDD, D drive. Now I want to move them back to the C drive. Is there a recommended way to do that?...
  3. Windows 11 does not search .xls files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not search .xls files: Hello, I cannot get Windows Search to work with .xls files. This used to work, but something happened a short while ago that broke this functionality. All other file types seem to work correctly; this only applies to Windows Explorer searches of folders that contain .xls...
  4. Windows 11 does not search .xls files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not search .xls files: Hello, I cannot get Windows Search to work with .xls files. This used to work, but something happened a short while ago that broke this functionality. All other file types seem to work correctly; this only applies to Windows Explorer searches of folders that contain .xls...
  5. CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:: What would be the cmd instruction to delete files on C: including 'autorecovered' in the name and have extension .xlsb So, files that would show up after: C:\>dir /s *autorecovered*.xlsb They show up in various sub folders within:...
  6. File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files: Hi there,I've noticed that if I change the default program to open xls and xlsx files to an open source one, like libre office, the windows file explorer does some crazy things. First ctrl+c doesnt copy the files to clipboard anymore. Second I cant select multiple files with...
  7. Does Autorecover work at all?

Does Autorecover work at all?: Second time now computer rebooted at night, spreadsheet I was working on is gone, no auto-recover files available. Why have this option? I have book1 open right now, autorecover on, every 10 minutes. I renamed to an actual name, is that the issue? I now see stuff being...
  8. xls files

xls files: Good Day I am working from home so I transferred all documenttion from my Work Computer to a Usb but when I try to open it shows as a xls file and not exe. I eventually got it open from my Computer but when I email the documents they can't open it Please assist urgently...
  9. I cannot open my .xls files

I cannot open my .xls files: I cannot open my .xls files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-xls-files/dcc00f41-ed9b-41d4-9481-5625455d5c7a"
  10. XLS Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XLS Converter: We have migrated to Office 365. One problem is that the online office will not open .xls files. Many of our vendors still use it. I need a way to convert them to .xlsx so O365 can open them. We don't want to use an online service because we are worried about data mining...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. გამოკითხვა (autorecovered).xlsx