Windows 10: "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

Discus and support "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by olbapnairda, May 26, 2022.

1. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down. Sometimes can stay there inactive for several seconds. I checked in the notification and rotation is locked. I check in system -> display -> "rotation lock". Sometimes it doesn't allow me to modify it. Yesterday I was watching how it was switching on and off as the "autorotate on" black box appeared in the top left side of the screen. As if someone took control of it. I reinstalled windows getting rid of the apps but preserving the personal

:)

olbapnairda, May 26, 2022
  2. ds1980 Win User

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box issue after November 2015 update

I have the HP Pavilion x360. I've been on Windows 10 since it launched for download over the summer. A couple of days ago, I downloaded updates and went to the November 2015 version of Windows 10.

Since then, quite frequently, in the upper left hand corner of the screen, a black box that says "Autorotate On" appears and disappears in a split second. And to illustrate how quick of a split second this is, I had to use
    my cell phone to record video and then pause at the right moment in order to see it says "Autorotate on".

Why is it doing this? What can be done to fix it? It is quite annoying to see that box flickering on and off the screen in a regular fashion when it never did it before. I've gone to the HP forums as well but only received one response and it unfortunately
    did not produce an answer to the issue, so I come here, since it happened with the Windows update and could be a Windows 10 issue.

Thank you in advance for your help on this matter.

ds1980, May 26, 2022
  3. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box issue after November 2015 update

I had the same problem, which is caused by the option to have the computer automatically change between desktop and tablet mode (the auto-switch but "don't ask" option). The switching affects performance; I cannot do anything while the computer switches.
    It takes less than a second, but since it switches to and then immediately from tablet mode, it's unresponsive for a second or two.

Not sure if you found a solution to this yet, but I followed the instructions above. I didn't have the check box checked, as was the case also for ds1980:

I followed the instructions but the box was never checked, so those instructions unfortunately do nothing for the issue at hand. And even with everything up to date in Windows Update, the black box still appears.

However, after checking the box I haven't experienced this problem (it's been 24 hours). So perhaps the problem was that auto-rotate wasn't on. I'd suggest trying the opposite of what Likhitha V above suggested, that is to
    check the checkbox (which is likely unchecked already) rather than uncheck it. The steps again:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Control Panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization and click on Display option.
    • Click on Adjust resolution option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Uncheck the Allow the screen to auto-rotate option and check if the changes are effective.

I can't guarantee it will work, but it seems to have done the trick for me. It's worth trying!

Per L Bylund, May 26, 2022
  4. ds1980 Win User

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box issue after November 2015 update

First opportunity to use my computer in a few days...

I ensured that update was installed on my computer. I followed the instructions but the box was never checked, so those instructions unfortunately do nothing for the issue at hand. And even with everything up to date in Windows Update, the black box still
    appears.

ds1980, May 26, 2022
Thema:

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

1. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box. - Similar Threads - Autorotate appearing disappearing

2. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  3. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  4. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.: I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down. Sometimes can stay there inactive for several seconds. I checked in the notification and rotation is locked. I check in system...
  5. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.: I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down. Sometimes can stay there inactive for several seconds. I checked in the notification and rotation is locked. I check in system...
  6. black box appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  7. black box appears

black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  8. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  9. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  10. A grey box appears and then disappears