Windows 10: Autorun at startup

Discus and support Autorun at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get an app to run automatically at startup?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnFrancis4, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Autorun at startup

How do I get an app to run automatically at startup?

:)

JohnFrancis4, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 28, 2019
  3. using AtiTool in xp home @ startup

I can`t use AtiTool-settings under XP Home Edition @ startup. Only on an admin-account it works :/. Is there a possibility to make it run under every other account? (to copy the autorun entry in the autorun list of an user doesn`t work)
    thank u 4 answers

Ati(-tool)-fan, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Autorun at startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Autorun at startup

1. Autorun at startup - Similar Threads - Autorun startup

2. Long delay before launching programs from autorun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long delay before launching programs from autorun: Back on Win10 LTSC after one update, I had a long startup long time was on "welcome", then I put Win11 the latest version with all updates and now I have after the desktop appears, it takes about 50 seconds to start programs from autoboot. Previously it took about 15 seconds,...
  3. Long delay before launching programs from autorun

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long delay before launching programs from autorun: Back on Win10 LTSC after one update, I had a long startup long time was on "welcome", then I put Win11 the latest version with all updates and now I have after the desktop appears, it takes about 50 seconds to start programs from autoboot. Previously it took about 15 seconds,...
  4. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  5. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  6. Windows 11 22621 refuses to start up after Autoruns shenanigans.

Windows 11 22621 refuses to start up after Autoruns shenanigans.: Hi everyone, I've been using my Windows installation for about 2 years now and I'm starting to regret not sticking to my usual schedule of reinstalling at least once a year.I had some problems with Task Manager popping up randomly, and my desktop was taking sometimes up to a...
  7. why does autorun program window not close after initial startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does autorun program window not close after initial startup?: i installed an app to open automatically at start up. it works. But the file folder page is left open on the desktop. i have to close it. why?...
  8. why does autorun program window not close after initial startup?

why does autorun program window not close after initial startup?: i installed an app to open automatically at start up. it works. But the file folder page is left open on the desktop. i have to close it. why?...
  9. Suspicious app in startup programs, doesn't appear in task manager, autoruns, windows...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious app in startup programs, doesn't appear in task manager, autoruns, windows...: I've had a rather suspicious program in my startup settings for three days now, it keeps changing names from something including -silent, to just random characters. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This is the only instance of it, it doesn't appear anywhere else, including task manager...
  10. How do I view Startup autoruns and execution commands?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I view Startup autoruns and execution commands?: Thank you for taking a look at my thread. I see a Startup "Windows host process (Rundll32)" rated "High". I am considering disabling it... How would I view the autoruns and look at the full execution commands? Much Obliged *cake 142148