Windows 10: Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently updated windows 10 pro to version 2004 and have noticed that I can no longer autoplay mounted images. I have tried: 1 Setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sHaDoW8185, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update

Hi,

I just recently updated windows 10 pro to version 2004 and have noticed that I can no longer autoplay mounted images.

I have tried:

1 Setting the disable autoplay option in Group Policy editor

2 Setting autoplay from off to on toggle when searching autoplay in cortana search

3 Checking the associated settings in control panel -> autoplay

4 Using the registry fix [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

Nothing seems to be working. Regular drives work just fine.

What could be causing this??

:)

sHaDoW8185, Oct 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update

1. Autorun not working on Mounted Images since recent Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Autorun working Mounted

2. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  3. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  4. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. camera image flipped since updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera image flipped since updating to windows 10: I have an older asus laptopk501D and upgraded to windows10 from 7. since then the camera image has been flipped not only in the camera app but also google meet. I scoured this site plus asus's driver site and still haven't found the correct driver to install. I went as far as...
  6. Windows 10. Windows Defender bug since recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10. Windows Defender bug since recent update.: Good evening. Wish to report a new bug (with its software not as in virus or any sort) which has arisen recently with Windows Defender. The bug in question is scan times have gone massively long. Use to take 1 hour 30 mins to do a full system scan last week and nothing has...
  7. Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored: So after re-installing daemon tools (i didnt get the memo that sptd got perma broken with windows 1903) I discovered (likely an issue prior, just noticed now) that I wasnt getting the icon in my navigation pane for whatever iso I mounted. this was further determined to not...
  8. Windows Start button doesn't work since installing recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start button doesn't work since installing recent Windows 10 update: Nothing happens when I click on the Start button in the lower left hand corner. Therefore, I can't get to any of my programs the way I used to. Can you fix this?...
  9. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound Since Recent Windows Update: No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the...
  10. Mount Image Files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752