Windows 10: autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive

Discus and support autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 7, there is a checkbox i can click so windows will remember to launch a specific executable on a usb flash drive. but it seems in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lenny Li, May 16, 2020.

1. Lenny Li Win User

autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive

In windows 7, there is a checkbox i can click so windows will remember to launch a specific executable on a usb flash drive. but it seems in windows 10 this feature has disappeared. Can someone enlighten me so i get the same feature in Windows 10? This is very helpful for those of us who use flash drives that are password protected and require to launch a vendor app to enter password to decrypt the drive content.

Also, I noted that in Windows 7, the auto launch does not start if my active window in explorer has a file open dialog box opened. Can this be fixed as I dont think it is a proper design this way. In Windows 10, the system has a much longer delay than windows 7 to prompt me to decide which app to launch when the usb flash drive is inserted. My expectation is that there should be a checkbox so I can specify which executable to auto launch. There should also be a setting somewhere that lets me change this setting later.

:)

Lenny Li, May 16, 2020

2. Blocking execution of Autorun with Windows Defender?

Is there a way that Windows Defender can automatically block the execution of Autorun commands once a USB flash drive or a DVD is inserted on a computer?

win10freak, May 16, 2020
  3. USB flash drive autorun an app

Is there a way to keep the file folder from opening without turning it off for all USB drives or make it in a background window?

Luke.Smith, May 16, 2020
  4. Niarod Win User

USB Autorun each time windows boots?

If the hard drive is always left plugged-in then i also think you should check the autorun options for that drive...don't necessarily have to turn autorun off completely.
    I don't remember well in Win7, i don't have a machine with that os now in my hands, but i think you should check the properties in the apps bar(right click on it), there are some options that deal separately with each device type (discs, hds, printers etc), among them should be an option about you external usb drive(autorun).

Otherwise, under devices (start, type devices - not device manager), find listed you ext usb drive and right click on it.There should be all kind of options available with a hd.

Cheerz

Niarod, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive - Similar Threads - autorun specific executable

2. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  3. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  4. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  5. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  6. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  7. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  8. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  9. USB flash drive autorun an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive autorun an app: I have written an app to teach a blind child braille alphabet. The .exe file is on a flash drive along with support files. and runs the program when selected. I would like to make it so a blind child can use it because they can't see to select the .exe application. It would...
  10. USB autorun

USB autorun: I have a freshly installed Win10 - now upgraded to v1607 - that shows the contents of USB sticks (in a USB3 socket) when the stick is inserted - THAT is what I want. I also have Win10 upgrade from Win7 - still at v1511 because the v1607 crippled it according to a Microsoft...