Windows 10: Autorun setting for Adobe CC app not persisting after setting to off

Discus and support Autorun setting for Adobe CC app not persisting after setting to off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi The title pretty much says it all. Adobe CC fires itself up when my computer turns on. I have the preferences in the app set to not do so and have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Uadjet, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Uadjet Win User

Autorun setting for Adobe CC app not persisting after setting to off

Hi

The title pretty much says it all. Adobe CC fires itself up when my computer turns on. I have the preferences in the app set to not do so and have repeatedly tried to set the rocker switch in Windows autostart settings to off, but every time I then close that window and open it or restart my computer Adobe is running again and the switch is set back to on. I've spoken with techs at Adobe and they claimed it was a Windows feature to always have autorun on. If that's true, why give me a switch and an option to disable it? I asked for help on their forums after a couple of replies that pretty much suggested I check the app prefs and Windows settings, it's been dead silent. So, I'm asking here. Currently I'm using a third party program to keep Adobe closed down but I'd like to know for sure if this is actually a Windows feature and if so, why is there an option for me to turn off autostart. I don't believe this is a Windows feature, but there's no denying that switch gets reset to on every time I change it. I hope this is the correct place for this question. Because a non-windows program is overriding user and OS settings it does seem like a security and privacy issue to me

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

:)

Uadjet, Apr 20, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adobe Bridge: cannot set as default in Settings Menu

Adobe Bridge is actually a Photo Organizer, it is not designed for single image viewer so if you want to set it as default to open every time you double click a .jpg/.png. Bridge will open the whole folder containing the .jpg/.png that you selected. If this is what you want then try the followings:
    1. Right click on the .jpg ->Open With->Choose another App
    2. If Bridge is on the list. Hi-lite it and put a check mark on: "Always use this app to open .jpg file". If not go to step 3
    3. If Bridge is not on the list scroll to the bottom then select then click on "More Apps"
    4. If Bridge is still not on the list then scroll to bottom again and select "Look for another App on this PC"
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====>64bit
      Or: C:\Program Files (X86)\Adbode\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====> 32bit
      then put a check mark on "Always use this app to open .jpg file"
    6. Do the same for .png file.

topgundcp, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Joanne Win User

Adobe Bridge: cannot set as default in Settings Menu

Wow... *Sad *Sad

To make Adobe Bridge appear in the Default Apps list in the Setting Menu, I had to MANUALLY associate file types!... *Sad

Autorun setting for Adobe CC app not persisting after setting to off [​IMG]

Joanne, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Autorun setting for Adobe CC app not persisting after setting to off - Similar Threads - Autorun setting Adobe

2. Autoruns won't chage login settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoruns won't chage login settings: I've used Autoruns for several years, and I've never had trouble with it before. Now, when I bring it up as Administrator, it refuses to disable anything. Why is that happening, and how can I correct it?...
  3. Autoruns won't chage login settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoruns won't chage login settings: I've used Autoruns for several years, and I've never had trouble with it before. Now, when I bring it up as Administrator, it refuses to disable anything. Why is that happening, and how can I correct it?...
  4. Guideline to Packaging Adobe CC 2021 Product in App-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guideline to Packaging Adobe CC 2021 Product in App-V: Hi All, I have sequenced Premier Pro CC 15 usujg AppV 5. But when I'm trying to run the app Im getting the below error... The app was unable tonstart correctly 0x0000142. Click OK to close thr application. The event viewer log says.... The virtual application <path...
  5. Adobe CC download error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adobe CC download error: Hello, whenever I try to download Adobe creative cloud products it wont work and I get Error 51 which states: the app package to be installed is trying to access a file that is in use by a different application. So I followed their trouble shooting steps and closed all apps...
  6. Adobe Illustrator CC keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe Illustrator CC keeps crashing: Hello, Can anyone spot a clue to the crashing in these images? Thanks, Anthony [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-illustrator-cc-keeps-crashing/b1ec34bb-1f82-4501-a9c8-487d5824190a
  7. IPv6 settings not persistent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 settings not persistent: Problem : After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems to function. Workaround: I follow the EasyFix option "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4 in prefix policies"as pointed out...
  8. touchpad settings (gestures=off and tap_to_press=off) do not persist

in Windows 10 Customization
    touchpad settings (gestures=off and tap_to_press=off) do not persist: I find myself switching off these settings repeatedly again and again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings-gesturesoff-and-taptopressoff-do/5ab667db-e8d3-4874-b5ae-164a7d13514d
  9. 10 not playing nice with Adobe CC Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    10 not playing nice with Adobe CC Apps: As I've complained about, and others may have as well, Adobe CC Apps (Audition, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and basically any other Adobe app) are not playing nicely in 10. Here is what I am experiencing: 1. Poor initialization. When I launch the app, my computer locks up (no...
  10. Designing and Prototyping Apps with Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta)

in Windows 10 News
    Designing and Prototyping Apps with Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta): Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) or Adobe XD, is a new creative tool from Adobe for designing high-fidelity prototypes of websites and mobile apps. You can try a new public preview released today of Adobe XD on Windows 10. Why Adobe XD? A well-designed app often starts...