Windows 10: Autoruns Entry..File Not found

Discus and support Autoruns Entry..File Not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was doing my daily auto runs check and immediately noticed a new entry in yellow file not found Name=fiddvr64 It's supposed to be in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Durtydev, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Durtydev Win User

Autoruns Entry..File Not found

I was doing my daily auto runs check and immediately noticed a new entry in yellow file not found

Name=fiddvr64 It's supposed to be in System32\fiddvr64.sys. Anyone know what is? TYIA

Autoruns Entry..File Not found b72748ef-9a26-4f8b-9cca-5f149dbf0a3a?upload=true.jpg Autoruns Entry..File Not found ee1582a6-2211-4275-a290-f8bad0b57095?upload=true.jpg

:)

Durtydev, Aug 11, 2019
  2. rivre Win User

autoruns reports missing files

I have another thread open for another missing file reported by autruns, but it also lists these 4 files as missing:

Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80 Image Path: File not found: vp8vfw.dll
    Autorun entry: vidc.XVID Image Path: File not found: xvidvfw.dll

I'm guessing these are all codec files? Autoruns don't list a file location for these but selecting "jump to entry" opens the listing in the registry. I don't know If I should just delete these missing entries in autoruns or leave it alone or should I worry? I've been setting up my new 64-bit PC and I've been installing and uninstalling various software getting everything set up. I'm guessing these files got installed and removed along the way, but I'm wondering if these missing files will cause me any issues?

rivre, Aug 11, 2019
  3. rivre Win User

I fear this thread has gotten clogged up and now nobody is helping. Bottom line:

Autoruns lists these 4 missing codec files:

Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80 Image Path: File not found: vp8vfw.dll
    Autorun entry: vidc.XVID Image Path: File not found: xvidvfw.dll

HIjackthis lists these missing files (Checked and indeed missing):

C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
    SDWinLogon.dll missing from Spybot Program Files directory

I just want to know if these missing files can be easily replaced, or what software would replace them, or if these files are even needed.

rivre, Aug 11, 2019
  4. rivre Win User

I ran Hijackthis. There's a whole bunch of things listed, including a whole bunch of "missing files" that aren't missing. But none of those files are the 4 files I listed in this thread.

Which leads me back to : What do I do about these 4 missing files? Are they needed? Do they come with Windows? I don't want to do a repair installation for no reason if it isn't even going to install these files because they came as part of a program I have already uninstalled. I don't know if I should uncheck these entries in autoruns, delete them, or what? If they are important and needed I'd like to know what to do about it. My guess is the entries are left behind from a piece of software that came with it's own .dll codecs and uninstalling it left the entries behind. Autoruns does not list the location of these 4 missing files. They aren't specifically listed as belonging in my system32/sysWOW64 folder, so they could just as easily have been in my program files folder for the software that installed them originally. I noticed a couple media converter/player programs I tried out installed their own batch of codecs to their program folders, so that may have happened here - they got uninstalled from the program folders and left the entries behind for autoruns to see. I'm just guessing here - that's why I"m asking for guidance.

rivre, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Autoruns Entry..File Not found - Similar Threads - Autoruns Entry File

2. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  3. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  4. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Entry Point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point not found: Hi all, I recently downloaded a game from the internet, and I am having some issues. Firstly, it said it was missing the binkw32.dll . I downloaded that .dll followed the instructions on the website for where to place it. Having placed it there, I am now getting the error...
  6. Entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not found: After installing windows 10 I began to get "Entry Point Not Found" error messages when trying to open some programs. Specifically "The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolisLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll" I ran the...
  7. Entry Point NOt found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entry Point NOt found: i need help with this i tried to install a game and when i try to start it, this shows up. no matter how many times i press OK it just pops out until i close it via Task Manager [ATTACH]...
  8. Autoruns: Puzzling entries

Autoruns: Puzzling entries: I don't recall seeing these entries before, but what is puzzling me is the timestamp - 1975? [img] *Confused 128580
  9. SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns

SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns: I happened to run Autoruns and noticed the first entry showing as: "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell" "" "" "" "6/17/2017 1:07 AM" "" + "cmd.exe" "Windows Command Processor" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" "5/30/2017 3:10...
  10. "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?: Hi! Today I noticed something that wasn't there in past days: "n/a" entries in Autoruns in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components Respective registry entries:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xxxvid vidc

2. vidc.vp80