Windows 10: Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied

Discus and support Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi In other thread How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster I have identified avast free antivirus to be the culprit for slow startup. Hence I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by plaurits, May 4, 2021.

1. plaurits Win User

Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied

Hi In other thread How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster I have identified avast free antivirus to be the culprit for slow startup. Hence I want to disable this program from startup. When trying to disable avast from startup, I am getting above mentioned error: Error changing item state: Access is denied I am running autoruns as administrator. Any suggestion? Sw is windows10 20H2. Br Peter

:)

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  2. plaurits Win User

Hi
    In other thread How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster
    I have identified avast free antivirus to be the culprit for slow startup. Hence I want to disable this program from startup.
    When trying to disable avast from startup, I am getting above mentioned error: Error changing item state: Access is denied
    I am running autoruns as administrator.
    Any suggestion?

Sw is windows10 20H2.

Br
    Peter

Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied [​IMG]

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  3. plaurits Win User

Thanks, I know that
    But question in this thread was different:
    What does error message from autoruns exactly mean?

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  4. plaurits Win User

Thanks.
    Let’s focus this case on understanding error message from autoruns.
    br Peter

plaurits, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied - Similar Threads - Autoruns Error changing

2. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.: I'm trying to write a short script that creates a text file using the logged in user's name and I am getting an access denied error and I cannot figure out why. I have checked and everyone has read/write permissions.PS C:\> $Name = $env:USERNAME.TrimStart0,7 Convert-String...
  6. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  7. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  8. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  9. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...
  10. Interesting Items in Autoruns

in Windows 10 Support
    Interesting Items in Autoruns: I hide the Microsoft entries and only fiddle with third party stuff in Autoruns for safety.