Windows 10: Autoruns File Not Found

Discus and support Autoruns File Not Found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aidzer, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Aidzer Win User

Autoruns File Not Found

I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay?

:)

Aidzer, Jun 14, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2022
  4. MilkyWay Win User

Autoruns File Not Found

Just when you think MS is getting a little Smarter/Microsoft kills off autorun

AutoRun you set a program to run sutomticaly depending on the media type or file type

so you say vlc to automatically play any mpeg videos

autoplay is that the box that brings up a list of commands like view and a list of programs to run it on?

MilkyWay, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Autoruns File Not Found

1. Autoruns File Not Found - Similar Threads - Autoruns File Found

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  4. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  5. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  6. Autoruns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns?: Does disabling a service in Autoruns prevent that service from ever running again or only during startup and until the service is launched manually? Never fully understood this. 139122
  7. Autoruns Entry..File Not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autoruns Entry..File Not found: I was doing my daily auto runs check and immediately noticed a new entry in yellow file not found Name=fiddvr64 It's supposed to be in System32\fiddvr64.sys. Anyone know what is? TYIA [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Autorun

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorun: How do you turn on Autorun in Windows 10? When I insert a CD or DVD in its drive, nothing happens. Shouldn't I get some kind of Autorun screen? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/autorun/b3458f60-1812-48ff-8c04-8a232a62c933
  9. autoruns reports missing files

in Windows 10 Support
    autoruns reports missing files: I have another thread open for another missing file reported by autruns, but it also lists these 4 files as missing: Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80...
  10. autorun batch file usb

in Windows 10 Support
    autorun batch file usb: I want run a bat file from usb stick while inserting it plz help me 63747