Windows 10: Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

Discus and support Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Version 1709, I can disable Autostart Features via Task Manager but they are Ignored and the Program is started even though it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Markus1204, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

Since I upgraded to Version 1709, I can disable Autostart Features via Task Manager but they are Ignored and the Program is started even though it is disabled. In Version 1703 I did not have that Bug.

Program in Question: Send To OneNote Tool (OneNote 2013 installed)

In Version 1703 I could disable it with no problems at all and it stayed disabled. Since I upgraded to 1709 with each start up (boot / reboot) this tool starts also and I always have to close / disable it again... Is there something I can do to fix this?

Hint: even third party software does not help!

:)

Markus1204, Nov 19, 2017

2. problem after update.

My window 10 is not working properly since last feature update 1709.

b60a8cf3-d807-45b0-888f-a515fb3f00d6, Nov 19, 2017
  3. IvaW Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709, Fall Creators Update failed

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

require restart, failed to update.

I am trying since last year, it's getting really time consuming.

Tried all the simple steps offered on forums, nothing helped so far.

4. bro67 Win User

Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

You are not disabling it from Task Manager, you are disabling it through Services. OneNote comes preinstalled on Windows 10 as a app. As for stopping OneNote from starting, you just need to go into it's Config and change it to not load when windows starts.

bro67, Nov 19, 2017
  5. I do NOT have the APP installed since I do not use it! (One of the first things I did after upgrading to Windows 10 back then was to uninstall that App via Powershell); I also uninstalled OneDrive since it was possible to do so with the last creators update (1703)

I use OneNote 2013 DESKTOP Version only. And if it would be that easy to disable this, I would not open a thread here in the forum. There is no service to disable THIS Tool / Program...

Markus1204, Nov 19, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    One Note APP is installed automatically and it was even updated two days ago, There is an option to uninstall it at it's right click menu. Maybe it was just removed from start menu. Try searching for it.
    Is the "Desktop" version you are using from MS Office 2013 ?

CountMike, Nov 19, 2017
  7. You CAN uninstall it simply via Powershell and THIS Codesnippet:
    Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

I have Office 2013 Professional installed on my Laptop and as such OneNote 2013 DESKTOP. I also uninstalled OneDrive which is possible since the last Creators Update (1703). Since this update it is possible to uninstall OneDrive as it only is an App and nothing else... there is no more Protection like it was before...

Markus1204, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

1. Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709) - Similar Threads - Autostart Features Ignored

2. Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update: Like stated, there are a lot of Programs missing from the Programs and Features this includes the alternative version Apps & features.Since the latest update the list loads faster, but shows less.Example:I have the Game Fable installed and yes, the installation has no...
  3. Office Features Not Working Since Last Window Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office Features Not Working Since Last Window Update: I have Windows 10 running on a Dell Laptop. Windows Update KB5003537 automatically downloaded on 6/25. Since that time, I have not been able to open Word, Excel or Outlook. Running Office Home 2016.Have tried both shutting down and restart several times and that hasn't...
  4. Keep getting BSOD since last Win10 feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting BSOD since last Win10 feature update: Hi there, Since installing the last Win10 feature update on 29/10, I keep getting a BSOD almost on a daily basis. In Event Viewer, I can see that the same error is reported after rebooting from BSOD: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e...
  5. All feature update failed, still on 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All feature update failed, still on 1709: Okay, time to ask the community.... I really am stuck to Windows 10 1709 x64 Last update was; Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-08C Failed to install on ‎26/‎08/‎2019 - 0x8024200d I always get black screen after login. I know this is a hot topic but...
  6. 1709 Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 Feature Pack: Hello, I am trying to understand why the 1709 Feature Pack will not work. I've installed KB4039813 for WinVER 1709. I have restarted the laptop several times however, it seems that the Media Pack will not install. When I attempt to install the Pack again, I get a pop-up...
  7. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709: Hello all your great peoples. I have a problem with Windows 10 update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" After update Windows want to restart and then i get "Windows Boot Manager" screen where i need to choose between "Windows Setup" and "Windows 10" (See...
  8. Feature update windows 10 version 1709

Feature update windows 10 version 1709: It downloads then tries to install but said I need to fix issue first click on fix issue . When i click fix issue it starts over again and when done says can not update? Have done this numerous times and still wont download or install this update. 99104
  9. Feature update version 1709 problem

Feature update version 1709 problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.936) on an Acer Travelmate P253 Laptop. According to the Acer information, update to Windows 10, version 1709 is not compatible with my Laptop.So, I downloaded and used the "Show or Hide Updates tool"...
  10. Unable to use Search in start menu since 1709 feature update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Search in start menu since 1709 feature update: I am pretty stumped. Since the latest feature update on my laptop only ( my other computer is ok) I cannot use the search function in the start menu I start typing and it freezes and I cannot click any of the search results the only way I can open software is my manually...