Windows 10: Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition

Discus and support Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently trying to create an unattended file for Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the part of configuring the partitions. I have 1 disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trolleule, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Trolleule Win User

Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition

Hello,
    I'm currently trying to create an unattended file for Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the part of configuring the partitions.

I have 1 disk with C: and D: partiton and I would like to keep the D: partition. So is it possible to keep the D: partition while the other (C:, MSR, EFI, WindowsRE) are erased and re-created?

Thanks in advance

:)

Trolleule, Feb 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 6, 2020
  3. hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 6, 2020
  4. M.Dickey Win User

Fully Automate Windows 10 installation with autounattend

Good Morning,

I am currently working on developing and autounattend file for Windows 10 Enterprise edition for my organization. This is my first autounattend file. I am using the WSIM to develop the file. It works with a few exceptions. These exceptions greatly hinder
    our installation process.

The goal is to not have to touch the computer during the installation process. I still have to choose the OS and once the install is complete I have to choose the network discovery. This will not work for us.

Does anyone know what components handle these two settings. I have supplied the Product Key in amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Shell_Setup_Neutral\imageInstall\OSImage\InstallFrom\MetaData [Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition 26a8bad4-b226-4f23-bbb1-b139eeefdf49.jpg

I have tried the following:

With product key |[Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Without the product key [Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Both with and without the product Key [Key="/image/description"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10 <-- Parsing fails

I really need my answer file to provide this information so that we do not have to watch over the computer during the installation process.

We also need the Network discovery to be turned off in the answer file so that the screen does not appear.

Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition b49e3aa7-7218-4af3-b2f7-bf0992a8151d.jpg

For this I have set the following:

7 oobe System\amd65_Microsoft-Windows Shell Setup_neutral\OOBE\

<HideEULAPage> True

<HideLocalAccountScreen> True

<HideOEMRegistrationScreen> Trure

<Hide WirelessSetupinOOBE> True

<ProtectYourPC> 3

<SkipMachineOOBE> True <-- Though Deprecated

Does anyone have any advice on how to make my windows 10 install completely unattended.

Thank You,

M

M.Dickey, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition - Similar Threads - Autounattend Automate DiskConfiguration

2. remove one partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove one partition: currently Windows 10 installed; trying to convert mbr to uefi to install dual boot with Zorin 17. Got 4 partitions but should be no more than 3 . How can this be done, possibly free?......
  3. How to clean install Windows on one partition and keeping the other partitions unchanged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean install Windows on one partition and keeping the other partitions unchanged: Hello,I think that it's all in the title.I have a disk with two partitions "C" and "D". Windows is actually installed on the C but as the file system got corrupted, I'd like to do a fresh installation on that partition.I don't want a "real" clean install of Windows, I want to...
  4. How to clean install Windows on one partition and keeping the other partitions unchanged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean install Windows on one partition and keeping the other partitions unchanged: Hello,I think that it's all in the title.I have a disk with two partitions "C" and "D". Windows is actually installed on the C but as the file system got corrupted, I'd like to do a fresh installation on that partition.I don't want a "real" clean install of Windows, I want to...
  5. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  6. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  7. Autounattend doesnt work

Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  8. Autounattend help

Autounattend help: Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user). The second question is why my...
  9. Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration: Hi, i have big problem with deploying Win 10 v1809 with WDS. I configured WDS. Everything works until i get to the screen, where i have to select my Windows destination. With my xml i wanted to do this automatically. but there is no wipe of the disk and there is no...
  10. Clean install while keeping existing partitions?

Clean install while keeping existing partitions?: the tutorial here says to delete all partitions before clean installing windows 10. But I don't want to do that. I just want to reinstall cleanly on the OS partition only. In the past with win7, when I had an OS and Data partition, I would just reinstall the OS, and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autounattend.xml install existing patition

2. autounattend diskpart diskconfiguration skip