Windows 10: Autounattend help

Discus and support Autounattend help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vandreytrindade, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Autounattend help

Hi!

I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it.

The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user).

The second question is why my autologon is not working... It shows the privacy settings screen and then it goes to the logon screen of the created user.

The last question is how can I automate that privacy settings screen...

This the content of the file that I'm using:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>pt-BR</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage> <InputLocale>pt-BR</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>pt-BR</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>pt-BR</UILanguage> <UserLocale>pt-BR</UserLocale> <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DiskConfiguration> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>1</Order> <Size>500</Size> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>2</Order> <Size>100</Size> <Type>EFI</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>3</Order> <Size>16</Size> <Type>MSR</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Extend>true</Extend> <Order>4</Order> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>WinRE</Label> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> <TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>FAT32</Format> <Label>System</Label> <Order>2</Order> <PartitionID>2</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>3</Order> <PartitionID>3</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Windows 10</Label> <Letter>C</Letter> <Order>4</Order> <PartitionID>4</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <DiskID>1</DiskID> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> </Disk> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Extend>true</Extend> <Order>1</Order> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Files</Label> <Letter>D</Letter> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> </Disk> <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI> </DiskConfiguration> <ImageInstall> <OSImage> <InstallTo> <DiskID>1</DiskID> <PartitionID>4</PartitionID> </InstallTo> </OSImage> </ImageInstall> <UserData> <ProductKey> <Key>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</Key> <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI> </ProductKey> <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula> <Organization>My Organization Name</Organization> </UserData> </component> </settings> <settings pass="oobeSystem"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <InputLocale>pt-BR</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>pt-BR</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>pt-BR</UILanguage> <UserLocale>pt-BR</UserLocale> <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="wow64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <OOBE> <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage> <HideLocalAccountScreen>true</HideLocalAccountScreen> <HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen> <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens> <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> <ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC> </OOBE> <AutoLogon> <Password> <Value>StrongPa$$w0rd</Value> <PlainText>true</PlainText> </Password> <Username>Administrador</Username> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <LogonCount>5</LogonCount> </AutoLogon> <UserAccounts> <AdministratorPassword> <Value>StrongPa$$w0rd</Value> <PlainText>true</PlainText> </AdministratorPassword> <LocalAccounts> <LocalAccount wcm:action="add"> <Password> <Value>WeakPassword123</Value> <PlainText>true</PlainText> </Password> <DisplayName>New user</DisplayName> <Name>newuser</Name> <Group>Administradores</Group> </LocalAccount> </LocalAccounts> </UserAccounts> </component> </settings> </unattend>

Thanks for your attention!

submitted by /u/vandreytrindade
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vandreytrindade, Aug 22, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 22, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Autounattend help

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Autounattend help :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Autounattend help

1. Autounattend help - Similar Threads - Autounattend help

2. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  3. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  4. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  5. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  6. Autounattend doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  7. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: I would like to clean a secondary data drive and select the drive that Windows 10 Setup should clean and install to. I would like Windows setup to clean and repartition the drive I select just like I specified in the unattend.xml file. Is this possible, or is there another...
  8. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: My unattend.xml looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64"...
  9. Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition

Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition: Hello, I'm currently trying to create an unattended file for Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the part of configuring the partitions. I have 1 disk with C: and D: partiton and I would like to keep the D: partition. So is it possible to keep the D: partition while the other...
  10. Windows 10 autounattend file - unable to read product key

Windows 10 autounattend file - unable to read product key: I've tried only creating an answer file with just the product key and it works with no issues however when I try to follow the guide here -> Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 i am getting "unable to read product key" not quite sure where i'm making...