Windows 10: Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1

Discus and support Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am Using Lenovo Legion Y530. I want to clean install Windows with Autounattend.Xml Answer File as GPT. My Laptop Contains 1 Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Afridi_3110, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1

I am Using Lenovo Legion Y530.

I want to clean install Windows with Autounattend.Xml Answer File as GPT.

My Laptop Contains 1 Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD and 1 Hard Disk 1TB.

When I enter Disk 0 Wipe True in my Autounatten.xml Answer File. Then It will Wipe Which Drive SSD or HDD?

How to I Configure to Only Formatting The SSD as Disk 0?? Please Help me with Proper Procedure.

:)

Afridi_3110, Jun 21, 2019

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Jun 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi Kati

When you added the new SSD did you connect that to the SATA port on the motherboard that the original hard drive was connected to, or to another port?

If you swap round the SATA ports on your Motherboard for those drives and change the boot order in BIOS to boot form SATA port 0 (the SSD), then the SSD should be Disk 0 and the HDD disk 1 . ..

DaveM121, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

You cannot combine disk 1 and disk 0 or take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0.

Disk 1 and Disk 0 are two different physical discs.

Disk 0 may be 120 GB SSD.

Disk 1 may be 1 TB HDD.

You can tweak your Windows libraries like Documents and Pictures so they save photos to your HDD (1 TB) to manage storage space, rather than your SSD (120 GB)

It nearly covers your requirement of having more storage space.

Refer this video for using SSD + HDD:

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1

1. Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1 - Similar Threads - Autounattend should automatically

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. How do I change SSD to disk 0 and hdd to disk 1 or 2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change SSD to disk 0 and hdd to disk 1 or 2?: I have 2 1tb sata hdd wd and consistent and a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD Kingston a2000. I formatted all these drives and then clean installed my windows, so now my name is a boot drive whereas hdd are storage drive but I was facing the issue of slow booting and not that smooth...
  5. How do I change SSD to disk 0 and hdd to disk 1 or 2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change SSD to disk 0 and hdd to disk 1 or 2?: I have 2 1tb sata hdd wd and consistent and a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD Kingston a2000. I formatted all these drives and then clean installed my windows, so now my name is a boot drive whereas hdd are storage drive but I was facing the issue of slow booting and not that smooth...
  6. How do I change SSD to disk 0 and hdd to disk 1 or 2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  8. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, I bought a Desktop it came with M.2 MVME PCIe SSD and HDD . the win10 is in the SSD . But the SSD is listed as disk1 and the HDD listed as disk0 in Disk Management. In general it's functioning OK, but today when I installed the Adata SSD Tool Box for maintenance...
  9. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autounattend disk 0 disk 1 auto select