Windows 10: autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

Discus and support autounattend.xml High Performance power plan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aristosv, Nov 23, 2019.

1. aristosv Win User

autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power plan exists and you have to create whatever plan you want.

Using Windows System Image Manager, I created an autounattend.xml file that pretty much works the way I want it to.

I am now trying to figure out how to create and use a "High Performance" power plan using autounattend.xml

Anyone done this already? I could use some help.

Thanks

:)

aristosv, Nov 23, 2019

2. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Nov 23, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Nov 23, 2019
  4. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

So in conclusion that the power plan is crap?

I decided to do my own bench marking between the 2 (yes I though screw is lets do this).

With the setting as ultimate performance, my score was 8386.

With the setting as high performance (the one that I normally use), my score was 8397.

So if this "ultimate performance" is supposed to let all your hardware go so to say, then why are the marks less that high? I have the same settings in both so I don't understand why its an ultimate performance thing lol.

Kiwiprobie1, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

1. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan - Similar Threads - autounattend xml High

2. High performance power plan decreases screen brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High performance power plan decreases screen brightness: Hi I'm using bootcamp on a macbookpro and when I change the power plan from "balanced" to "high performance" the maximum screen brightness becomes much lower. When I go to advanced power settings, I see no option to turn off the adaptive screen brightness or whatever is...
  3. win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game: win10 decides to switch to high performance when i launch a game and even when i alt tab it goes back to my custom plan. i tried every solution it seems, finally i added "high performance" plan to power settings and changed the cpu usage but when i launch a game windows...
  4. Windows 10 Performance Power Plan Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Performance Power Plan Not Working: I have installed Windows 10 ver 1903 Build 18362.356 and set the power plan to performance and it works like power saver.Core Temp taskbar icon shows 0.9 cpu clock speed and the power plan is set to 100% at min and 100% at max and it never changes at all.Anyone know how to...
  5. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  6. Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?

Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?: Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? [ATTACH] OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration: Standalone...
  7. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee
  8. I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan: Hi, After upgrading to 1709, all my power plans are gone. Right now I have only one power plan (High Performance). Even I don't have any option to create one. Please can any one help me in restoring all the power plans. Please refer to the below screenshot....
  9. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode: Hello All, Long time stalker, but first time poster. I have a new rig Intel i7 7700K, Asus Prime Z270AR, Samsung Evo 850 1Tb, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16Gb Ram, EVGA Geforce Gtx 1080 SC. I have been dealing with an issue where launching a game forces the power plan to...
  10. CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan

CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan: Hello tenforums! I have been having some really annoying performance problems after upgrading my laptop from win8 to win 10. My laptop is a asus ux32vd, with an Intel i7-3517U cpu.(normal core speed: 1.7ghz, turbo: 2.4ghz) CPU-Z is showing ~990mhz constantly, no matter...