Windows 10: AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure

Discus and support AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I know this is a common question and answer, so I am hoping someone can help me out by showing me what I am missing here...I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vincint, May 29, 2019.

1. Vincint Win User

AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure

Hey everyone,

I know this is a common question and answer, so I am hoping someone can help me out by showing me what I am missing here...I have gotten my AutoUnattend.xml file to do everything I need it to, except for correctly partitioning the hard drive. I always have to delete the partition manually and then let Windows 10 create the partitions for me afterwards.

Quick low down on how I am doing OSD:
    - create / capture custom image file
    - drop image file onto Windows 10 USB
    - use USB duplicator and make 10 copies of the main USB at a time
    - 40 flash drives get plugged into 40 computers and the imaging is done, except the partitioning

I have read through the MS sites and walk throughs, all the books I can get about using the ADK / WSIM to create the partitions through the AutoUnattend.xml file, but I still get the light touch install instead of the zero touch install I am attempting to achieve here.

I am attaching my AutoUnattend.xml file with user names, passwords, network paths, etc., removed. The main concern I have here is why is the partitioning will not go through; once I have that, the rest is gravy.

Thank you to any and all who take the time to assist with this, I feel like a lunk head for not being able to get this, but I have been working at it now for over 6 months and I just cannot see what I am missing, so I need to reach out to the experts and hope one of you can shine some light into the dim room I am in here with this file.

Thanks again.

AutoUnattend for TenForums.txt

:)

Vincint, May 29, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 29, 2019
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 29, 2019
  4. AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure

hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2019
Thema:

AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure

1. AutoUnattend.xml Partitioning Failure - Similar Threads - AutoUnattend xml Partitioning

2. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  3. XML Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  4. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  5. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  6. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  7. Autounattend doesnt work

Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  8. Autounattend help

Autounattend help: Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user). The second question is why my...
  9. Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition: Hello, I'm currently trying to create an unattended file for Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the part of configuring the partitions. I have 1 disk with C: and D: partiton and I would like to keep the D: partition. So is it possible to keep the D: partition while the other...
  10. xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create c and d drive autounattend.xml