Windows 10: AV software is set for firewall

Discus and support AV software is set for firewall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Which is the better way to go? Right now I have Vipre AV set for my firewall instead of MS. They are both good but which would be the better way to go.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Dakota37 Win User

AV software is set for firewall

Which is the better way to go? Right now I have Vipre AV set for my firewall instead of MS. They are both good but which would be the better way to go.

:)

Dakota37, Apr 22, 2017
  2. TonE72 Win User

Error in trying to update FROM Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1 to newer version

• Disable anti-virus software and/or firewall
    • Update
    • Enable AV software and firewall again.

TonE72, Apr 22, 2017
  3. HairyFool Win User
    turn off Firewall in Windows 10

The Firewall should not inhibit software installation in any way and in some cases the setup program needs to see the firewall if it has to set any exceptions.

Do you mean the antivirus as this occasionally can affect software installation.

If so how depends on what AV you have.

HairyFool, Apr 22, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

IMHO, the MS firewall (at default settings) is all you need for inbound protection; however, some 3rd party AV software offers inbound and outbound protection. This article gives you the basic comparisons:

https://www.howtogeek.com/172349/why...or-desktop-pc/

Good luck with your decision on which way to go,

Thema:

1. AV software is set for firewall - Similar Threads - software set firewall

2. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  3. Firewall recommended settings

Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  4. VPN and firewall settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN and firewall settings: Hello I have the VPN tunnel established and working. From the remote client I can ping the VPN router...I can also ping a computer at the office behind the router if the defender firewall is turned off on the office target computer TCP port 1723, 43 and 445 have been...
  5. Firewall and System Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Firewall and System Settings.: I blocked all incoming and outgoing connections in the windows fire wall settings,since then the Microsoft store won't sign in, windows start menu won't show when clicked, and System settings won't open. How do I re-enable those options without allowing there to be any open...
  6. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  7. FIrewall and proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIrewall and proxy settings: Good day! I am trying to figure out why I am having connection problems when I am trying to download content. I get a message saying that it could be my firewall or proxy settings that are preventing the download. I have checked over everything numerous times. I have a solid...
  8. Windows Defender Security: Where are AV and Firewall logs for this in Windows 10?

Windows Defender Security: Where are AV and Firewall logs for this in Windows 10?: Hello: I'm trying to locate logs of notifications I've received from Windows Defender Security Center on my Windows 10 desktop PC Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-where-are-av-and/d76933e0-6e1a-49b6-9385-d4d39e33e9a2
  9. AV Comparatives tested compatible AVs

AV Comparatives tested compatible AVs: Hello, To whom worried about W10 compatibility : AV-Comparatives List of W10 - AV-Comparatives To whom interested in AVs comparatives in Real-World situation : Real-World Protection Test - AV-Comparatives In summary : AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus...
  10. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163